Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Pelham, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

Does anyone else here value the craft of these shorts? Its one of the few things that I really enjoy watchign over and over again. Its a shame that they just started putting these out on DVD and are only up to the 3rd season.

These are classic stories that have influenced many of today's films. I was just watching Four Rooms the other day and it called to mind "The Man From Rio" with Peter Lorie and Peter Fonda from the Hitchcock Hour, what great cinema!

Its a shame that we dont' have suspense as we once did. When Hitchcock and Twilight Zone died, so did classic suspense.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

3. I've got season one and two on DVD. Wet Saturday was rather amusing and stark. :coolugh:

The original Twilight Zone was incredible.

4. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

I can watch them all day long.

5. Alfred Hitchcock and Rod Serling, with their omnipresent and striking character were the impetus for producers and authors to work together to create so many powerful and one-of-a-kind stories all in one series.

Serling had the Twilight Zone and the less well-known series, The Night Gallery, which had so many episodes I was very happy to watch at the ages of nine to twelve.

Here's a good look at Night Gallery:

http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?welcome.html&2

When I was still younger than that I was overwhelmed and thrilled by the book, Alfred Hitchcock Presents Stories that Scared Even Me. One story in it called Camera Obscura really drove my imagination. Also when starting right around my seventh birthday, I subscribed to the long running Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine for three years and greedily read each one. The magazine celebrated its fiftieth anniversary last year. Here's what they looked like when I was reading them in 1967-9:
    Apr[​IMG]
    v12 #5
    May[​IMG]
    v12 #6
    Jun[​IMG]
    v12 #7
    Jul[​IMG]
    v12 #8
    Aug[​IMG]
    v12 #9
    Sep[​IMG]
    v12 #10
    Oct[​IMG]
    v12 #11
    Nov[​IMG]
    v12 #12
    Dec

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  6. :f13nd15h:

:f13nd15h: Gangstah fo' lyfe

Haha it's all i've been watching on my Zune at work.

I have Season 3 and 5.

:hs:

7. Poet Soul

Poet Soul New Member

:bowdown:

8. planeh

planeh Guest

where did you get season 5?

9. Motherbear

Motherbear New Member

I also liked Boris Karloff's "Thriller" series