SRS Alcoholism...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by toadies, Jun 8, 2004.

1. toadies

toadies Whats a jeep?

What is the gentic trait behind alcoholism. if one of my parents was an alcoholic. What are the odds that any of my brothers or me could be one? When would you see signs of it?

Thanks,

Chris

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

as far as i know, having a parent or family history of alcoholism may have a determining factor on your chances of being alcoholic - but not definitely. its really a combo of genetics and how you grew up.

3. Jackanapes

Jackanapes turbodirectinjection OT Supporter

There can certainly be a genetic component. I think the essential thing to remember is what makes this an addiction. It is the allergy and the inability to stop drinking. I look at it this way I did not feel I had a problem. Everyone else was just giving me a hard time. If they would just let me alone, I could die in peace. That's another part of it you want to die and you don't care.

Not everyone is an alcoholic but by genetic predisposition or drinking your way beyond the point of return. An alcoholic will lie to everyone that they don't have a problem but the first lie is to themselves.

What will make an alcoholic realize that they have a drinking problem. It has to get bad and I mean really painful to continue to ignore the problem. That is why if you think a family member has a problem. Learn all you can and got to open AA meeting and Al-anon meeting to find support and knowledge.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

please post here more often :love:

5. blazing187

blazing187 Guest

:true that: