SRS Alcohol

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Q (_) /\ l), Jan 19, 2006.

1. Q (_) /\ l)

Q (_) /\ l) Lurkage

I've been drinking for a while, but lately, I've found myself only drinking to numb, and or replace other addictions, which ironically leads to me landing other things to combat my drunkedness.
    Does anyone else find themselves in this delema?

Guess I'm just seeing that I'm not alone on this. Hopefully this can spawm more conversation.

2. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

These addictions are controlling your life. The only thing I can think of to get you out of this addiction cycle is to find the reason why you crave. Is there pain? Loneliness? Boredom?

My addictions cycle through alcohol, weed, hookah tobacco, and computers. That is about all I do while I'm in school. Homework is the bottom of the list, along with studying.

If you really want to quit drinking, you need to find something productive to get "addicted" to. What are your interests? Do you have a job or go to school? From your avatar, it looks like you're a DJ. Perhaps you should start working with music. Dont try to replace your drinking with music, just start working in your free time. Get yourself a project to work on. Find some other way to occupy your mind so you are not always thinking about getting drunk or whatever else you do.

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Both of you need to go to a meeting. You will find recovery from alcohol and drugs there. The biggest benefit of going to meetings is regular contact with recovering addicts. The recovering addict is most theraputic thing for the addict in jeapordy. The 12 steps, when worked properly, can be healing as well. I don't know how else to say this.

GO TO A MEETING GO TO A MEETING GO TO A MEETING You can find out where a local meeting is by checking out the sticky that has been made about it! If you have any more questions, just ask.