SRS Alcohol makes me feel stupid.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hom3lesshom3boy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. hom3lesshom3boy

hom3lesshom3boy New Member

Literally, stupid. After spending the summer of 2006 drinking so constantly and heavily, I feel like my life has become numbed. Nothing is really interesting, I don't focus as much and my perspective is lazy. I don't think I'm smart as before/I thought I was, especially since I rejected cal, ucla, and ucsd for ucdavis and i'm scraping by with a 2.7 gpa when I was a 3.9x student in high school. And I expect to go pre-law :rolleyes:. I make more mistakes typing, such as skipping words or mispelling them. I easily lose my train of thought or just can't concentrate at all. I'm not aware of the things around me or the things I should be doing. I don't feel as motivated, either.

Since then, I haven't been drinking as much or as heavily, but I still can't shake the feeling that I'm less intelligent of a person as I was before. I know that alcohol damages the dendrites of the brain, and that the brain repairs these dendrites, albeit in a different manner so that not 100% of the dendrite damage is recovered. But has anyone else noticed these effects? Or am I just piling one bad thing on top of another and attributing alcohol abuse to it?

2. audio

audio New Member

I'll agree with you on that. I used to get in to extremely heavy drinking and partying 6-7 days a week and it seems like I've been 'dumbed down'. I too skip words while typing even though I think I type them. I quit drinking for good and have been waiting for all this to improve but alas nothing really has. My brain and body is in 'bum mode'. I have no desire to do anything and get bored extremely easy. Trying to watch a movie or read a book or do anything online is proving to be an impossible task. My memory is pretty much shot and it is taking longer than normal to absorb new information and learn new things.

I also don't know if this is because of alcohol abuse and all the partying (never did drugs while partying) or if it's something deeper and more complex than that. If you manage to figure it out or find out a solution to this problem then please do share and I shall do the same.

3. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I feel kind of the same with marijuana but probably to a lesser extent. Going to try to quit cold turkey for school :hs: need to save money anyway

4. hom3lesshom3boy

hom3lesshom3boy New Member

yeah, i don't know if this is all a placebo effect, a combination of alcohol and past depression, or what. hopefully, i can force myself to become more motivated or it'll subside on its own.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

All things in existance are elementary + or - to your life. You need to remove all the negative elements from your life, like drugs,alcohol because if you look closely at them, what do they benefit you? They are basically destructors or - elements to your life, with everything you do and with everything you take to your body you should ask yourself if it has a constructive effect. From here you should only study really hard, and do things that make your life progress , you do this to avoid the shitty gutter life ,which is survivable but really not a place you want to be. Its not only about quitting its also about starting to learn again, so your brain can rewire itself to undo the broken damage.

6. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

yeah, alcohol makes you stupid. If you drink because it's what everyone else is doing, then your probably stupid to begin with. I've had it with alcohol and weed where afterwards I would feel slow and couldn't even think. I didn't have the same enthusiasm as before. I enjoyed watching tv because the tv did all the thinking for me and told me what to think. Alcohol is a drug just like any other.