SRS Alcohol dependancies

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Sep 3, 2006.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I think I have a problem with this. When I am sober, the world seems very cold and scary. I am afraid to approach women, give a speech, or speak my mind in general. When I drink though, I do become carefree and more ambitious, but I also feel like when I sober up I will be the same way. Then in the morning I sober up, and I'm back to my old silent self. When I'm sober, I try to be as nice as I can without revealing too much about myself. But it just seems to me that I am only happy when I am drunk, like I am now. I wish I could be as carefree sober as I am when I'm drunk. What the hell is wrong with me? I post here all the time, so if anyone is familiar with me, they will tell you that I have many problems. It has come to the point where I wish I had slight brain damage. Just enough so I can still make it in the world, but also enought so I'm carefree. Is this possible, haha?

2. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

yes, ECT does that. Go to a psychiatrist and he can do it.

3. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

are you being serious? because I wasn't that serious about it, but if it exists I might do it.

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i'm drunk again, and It seems that I only think straight when I'm drunk. Cause when I'm sober I'm just totally confused. Is this possible? Or is it just an illusion to me that I think better when i'm drunk.

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

You have to drink to sober up, like the robots in Futurama. :big grin:

Stupid jokes aside, you have to realize that you can be like that without the booze. Why are you carefree when drunk? Is it because you stop listening to all the harsh rules you impose on yourself and you do not judge your mistakes as harshly? I don't have much to go on here, but I'm guessing that you are very hard on yourself when you make mistakes, get rejected by a girl, and the like. When you drink you lose these inhibitions and you finally feel you can just "be yourself" and feel good.

You need to come to terms with who you are and realize you don't need booze to act in any particular way.

Is this the case or am I going in the wrong direction here?

6. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

wrong direction i'd say. But otherwise it still makes sense. I'm just a LOT more relaxed and worry free when I'm drunk. I'm the same way sober, but I enjoy being drunk a lot.