GUN Alabama senator wants ROTC member to be able to carry on campus

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pineapple Devil, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

2. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

i'm going to be honest and say that there are plenty other people that i'd trust more on campus with a gun than our corp.

:ugh: ...and why the fuck not?

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Because personal responsibility is fucking joke and something only conservatives would want, so fuck it.

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

The ROTC ppl in high school were usually the dumbest kids in the school

i was in ROTC in college and it was mostly just athletes. Its not a good idea to just give them all free passes at that. instead require training like they do now. Many of the non athletes were good people but some were just in the class for the easy As, like me.

ROTC should not be a free pass; you should have demonstrated responsibility at least somehow before you carry around a campus.

I do support people carrying guns. but i dont support ppl carrying guns kuz they are in a joke class like rotc.

Instead they should be able to carry on campus if they a licensed and they are following all applicable laws. Being in ROTC should not be a requirement.

5. t1h

t1h Guest

i think if you can let one group of people carry on campus, then everyone should be able to. that said, gun free zones don't work.

6. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

:hsugh:

I dunno how I'd CC when I'm in blues without wearing a service coat. my pants don't allow for much more than keys, a knife, pen and pencil, and maybe something else that is small. I guess an ankle holster would work, but to me that's not the world's greatest place to keep a gun.

7. Wish ROTC had something to do with me getting a CCW in MD...I'd be set.

8. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

every cadet at the Citadel carries an M14. no shootings yet.

9. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

and the cadets in the ROTC program are NOT all in the Army. I was never in the army but was in Rotc.

10. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I was in AFROTC for a year. Didn't really shoot anything. I too agree that if you're able to CCW, you should be able to CCW on campus.

Anyone know what an average penalty for carrying on campus would be? Not that I'd do such a thing...:hsugh:

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I know people that do. It's not illegal, just against school policy. Depending on the situation you could get expelled.

12. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Well according to our state law, it's listed as a prohibited place, so I'm guessing it would fall under that.

But if I ever "forgot" my pistol was on me, it'd be a pocket pistol which means concealed. Luckily I'm in Grad School, and most of my classes are at night.

13. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

They're banned per state regulations on school grounds here, so you'd catch more than just expulsion.