SRS Al-Anon

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Love/Hate, May 16, 2005.

1. Love/Hate

Love/Hate New Member

I was hoping that they're are people in here that go to these meetings, I'm looking for some help on what to do...My g/f is coming up to her sobriety b-day and she feels that she might relaspe...any suggestionns to help?

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

That's a common feeling with addict/alcoholics. Sobriety b-day's are often a times of very mixed emotions, and times when people feel like using. I'd tell her to hit as many meetings as possible, pray and keep in close contact with her sponsor. Be sure you attend the meeting where she gets her cake and support her.

You might even get better advice if you begin attending Al-Anon, as I am just another addict/alcoholic. That's what I would do, and that's what I'd advise if another addict shared that with me. I know of at least one follower of Al-Anon, possibly he'll get around to posting in this thread, he always has very good advice.

3. Love/Hate

Love/Hate New Member

Thanks for the words...yeah, I'm thinking about going to some Al-anon meetings just so I can get some advice. I suggested that she start gong to more meetings and to find a new sponsor because the one she has now is overwelmed and isn't availible to her and ishe is stuck on her steps...I can only do so much because I'm a "normie" as she calls me and I don't fully understand everything... I just support her as much as possible

4. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

You're doing great by sticking around and being supportive, not all people have that in their lives. I agree with checking out Alanon - maybe you can find meetings at the same place so you're both in a meeting at the same time, you'll probably find in Alanon that there are other couples doing the same thing, one going to Alanon, one going to AA or NA. We're lucky in our town that there is a treatment center that has a couples group that meets every Saturday night, they pick a topic and everyone shares, and the couples get to know other couples in recovery.
    Check out Alanon stuff on the internet too, it will give you a base of knowledge before you go.
    Good luck and please come back and check in.

5. Bean

Bean Guest

I'd like to work up to going to some alanon meetings too.