SRS Akward situation (friendzowned?)..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by skid13, Mar 1, 2006.

1. skid13

skid13 New Member

Hello all,
    I have been friendezowned in the past (I know we all have). I know the signs of it, and know when to accept the fact. To make a long story short, I don't normally like to get into a relationship with girls while I'm at school, due to the workload and for the most part I basically commute back and forth. Anyway I met a girl who seemed really cool. Managed to "hang out" only 2 times before Christmas break (met her 2 weeks before break). While over break I tried to set up some dates (she lives about 40 miles). There always seemed to be an excuse (oh shit). I managed to talk to a friend of her's who stated "this may sound really weird but, she gets really nervous when a guy likes her, she doesn't think any guys could ever like her." I was slightly taken-back, the girl is beautiful, smart, and really funny.

Fast forward to this semester, knowing friendzowned was coming fast, I unsuccessfully tried to set up a few more dates. I suppose the information from the friend is what made me become even more of a sucker (as stated above). The results were as expected (nothing).

I decided it was time to cut losses and end communication. I didn't care to become friendzowned and also realized that apparently she just wasn't as interested as she was when we first met(when we met it was pretty clear). Fair enough, that is life. My question is, I have a feeling that I am going to be receiving a phone call, to do some studying for an upcoming test. I don't want to. What do I say to clearly state that "hanging out" only for school purposes isn't what I'm interested in? Or do I completely ignore everything?

Your help, OT, would be greatly appreciated. :hs:

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

"I'm interested in you romantically but it doesn't appear that you feel the same way. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can study with you because I'll get distracted by you".

You could always try the truth. :dunno: Or, get caller ID and avoid her calls.

3. KDazzle

KDazzle New Member

i agree with this

4. Bedroomeyes202

Bedroomeyes202 New Member

hmmmm girl seems to have low self esteem, either- you stick with it- or her self esteem is gonna suffer since you just dipped out..... although for your own sake, i dont think if you have school and things to worry about, you should worry about building up someone elses self esteem, especially when they arent close to you.... id probably let this one go

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well i would see it like this , if its a lost case to that extend already. I would just confess your feelings to her. Because hey, if you don't shoot you'll always miss right? If she says no you can move on with your life, if she says yes you got a date :wiggle: