GUN AK smith.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Oct 25, 2006.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Well, now that I finally have all my parts, and am realizing that I dont have the skill, time, or equipment to put together my own AK, does anyone care to recomend a smith to me? I have talked to AZEX already, but some fuckers pissed him off, and as a result, he wont do CA builds any more (which sucks, cause I have heard nothing but praise for his builds).

cliffs for you lazy fucks: Need an AK gun smith.

2. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I just started on mine but so far all the real equipment I need and dont have yet is possibly a press to make things easier and something for installing the rivets. All the other tools I already have and basically consists of a screw driver, a hammer and some punches, a drill and a gallon of CLP. In terms of skill I dont see anything that challenging yet so I hope I'm not missing something.

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It's not that challenging. It's a gun that will either work when you're done with it or it won't. If it doesn't then you can tweak it until it does. These things are built like tanks and as long as you don't completely fuck it up then you won't hurt yourself. There is little skill involved if you have access to build tutorials.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Sounds like a lot of people on here have started building an AK, including myself. I need a tool for doing the rivits, any suggestions?

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

You mean something like the modified bolt cutter?

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I got a question on AK building . . . well actually modification. Is it possible and if so how hard to change out the barrel on an AK?

7. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Near as I can tell you have to press out the pin again then press out the barrel, not sure if it can be done with the trunnions still in the receiver. Maybe use a modified c-clamp instead of a hydraulic press?

8. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Yeah, like this:
    http://gunsgutsandgod.com/Boltrear.htm

I have no idea how to make it and I was wondering if there was a tool that was premade for it.