GUN AK question V. noob

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jayhat, Apr 26, 2006.

1. jayhat

jayhat You have the personality of a dead moth.

Ok so im thinking of getting an AK 47 and have a question.

I want a black stock and forend grip. I saw these..... http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=251

Say this one in particular...
    http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16190&cat=251&page=1
    now its says: AK-001M ~ Bulgarian AK-47 Stock Set ~ For Milled Receiver

So I thought all AK's were the same but, are there differneces between Bulgarian, yugo, Romanian etc?

Basically my question is will those stock and forend grips work on all AK-47's or only bulgarian?

Sorry for the noob questions! :wiggle:

2. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

well there are two types kf AK47's really. the stamped and milled reciever types. Certian stocks are for certain types. All you have to do is find out if the AK you are going to get is stamped or milled. Like my WASR-10 is stamped, as with most cheapo aks out there. That stock set will probably work on all milled reciver aks

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Theirs 2 basic types of AK's, Stamped reciever being the more common where the reciever is made out of sheet metal, and milled where the reciever is milled from solid metal, the handguards should fit, but the way the stocks go onto milled and stamped is totally different. romanian and yugo's are stamped recievers, some of the bulgarians are milled. If it says Bulgarian milled it will only fit on AK's that have a milled reciever, dont have to be bulgarian they'de fit on a chinese milled too with small modifcations possibly neccasary but they will not work on any stamped rifles.

4. jayhat

jayhat You have the personality of a dead moth.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep swapping stocks is a pretty simple task, some stamped recievers vary in thickness only thing you may have to do is slightly sand the part of the buttstock that slides in the reciever, but shouldnt be needed on any of the cheaper AK's, more expensive ones are the ones that are usually made of thicker metal..

To tell whats what top one is stamped you can see the rivets holding it together and very small mag well dimple, bottom one is milled no rivets just holes for internal parts and large magwell dimple the length of the magwell
    [​IMG]