GUN AK Kits?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Tre003, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Tre003

Tre003 OT Supporter

If i buy an AK parts kit and a flat reciever blank, where can I / how do I go about getting the reciever bent into shape.. it doesnt seem like something I could do myself. Or can you buy the recievers pre-made?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

prebent recievers go for about $50-$90, to bend your own flat you'll need the jig about $120, and then have to heat treat and attach guide rails if you don't know anyone with the tools buy one already complete.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm for all your pre-made receiver needs. I've built a few off of them and you there's really no extra fitting requires. Build it and shoot it all in a couple hours.

4. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

The Nodaks are much better than going with a flat.

The flat is cheaper but you need the proper tools to do so. I am in the middle of my build with all the proper tools and still think it is a Pita. The bending part is very easy but the trimming for perfect fit is the PITA. Plus you need to know how and where to drill/trim/weld etc.

Tapco flat is nicest I have personally seen to put together easiness wise. The top bends are already pre-trimmed for the most part which is the most tedious part about the build.