GUN AK crew, what's wrong with my recoil spring thingie?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Mar 15, 2008.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

When I try to field strip it, it gets caught up on its little track when I try to push it forward with my thumb. It has a little bit of wiggle room to slide forward but it gets caught up right before it pops out and takes a significant amount of effort to completely get it out. The receiver cover is easy enough to take off but it's almost impossible to get it back on because the recoil spring button thingie won't slide forward enough to give it the proper clearance. :dunno: The only thing I've done to the rifle lately is I duct taped part of the stock and put new toothpicks in the screw holes because the stock was a little bit wiggly and the screws holes were stripped out.

The "thingie" I'm talking about
    [​IMG]

Anything look wrong here? I could always dremel down whatever's making contact but I don't know for sure where it's getting caught up.
    [​IMG]

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

My suggestion is to just keep popping it in and out by hand. It will wear in eventually.

If you really want to break out the Dremel. Cover the recoil spring button (the part that slides into the trunnion) with a magic marker. Slide it in a time or two and the marker will rub off on the parts that are binding.

3. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

If you take out the bolt carrier/gas piston does it slide into and out of the rear trunnion easily? Couldn't hurt to take it apart and put it back together either :dunno: