GUN Ak-47 Choices, going to buy one shortly. Are romanian good ones?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SirSmith, Feb 21, 2005.

1. SirSmith

SirSmith Banned

Would these be a good one to buy? Buy it now for $319. Now I live in GA so is there any restriction on this? Im 19 too so I don't know the laws exactly. And so what I buy this and then go to a local gun shop see if they have a FFL license and have the gun shipped there. Then once its there do I have to register it there?

New as received from the manufacturer, 7.62x39 cal, complete with 3-30 round mags, , sling, cleaning kit! Has side rail installed to accept all Russian surplus optics. (scope mount available from us for $35 with rifle purchase!) Once again these hi cap AK rifles have been shut down from importation, very soon there will be no more available, don't wait till prices go up before you buy! NOT for sale where prohibited! MUST be shipped to a licensed dealer for transfer, FFL copy required. Buyer pays $17 S&H ($30 AK & HI)

[​IMG]

OR is this any different. For $339 or just comes with a bayonet I guess?

[​IMG]

2. SirSmith

SirSmith Banned

Or some fun gun broker. New production Romanian (WSAR-10) AK-47s that accepts high-capacity magazines and drums. Includes laminated Dragonuv style stock set. Includes (1) 30rd mag and a siderail bracket. Cannot Ship to CA! New style with bayonet lug and slanted muzzle break. FFL Required Includes Bayonet Lug and Muzzle Attachment.

[​IMG]

3. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

I shot a romanian AK a few days ago, they are pretty good guns. Id suggest getting one. Hell id get one if I had a lil cash right now.

4. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Those (Romanian WASRs) were originally built for single stack mags. The importer has modified them to accept the 30 round mags shown, but the mags don't fit great and wobble around when in the rifle.

Check all your local stores, and try to find an SAR-1. SAR-1 is the Romanian variant with a receiver that was built from the start to accept 30 round mags. They are easy to spot because they have a very pronounced dimple right above the mag well.

5. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Agree, stay away from the WASR's. I had two Romanians in 7.62 and 5.45, both had severe trigger slap. There are ways to take care of it if you have the same problem.

6. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Mine had trigger slap too. Best fix is a Red Star trigger group, but it's also easily fixed by taking the disconnecter on a short trip to the grinder :)

7. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

i have one like the one in the first pic and by friend has one like the one in the second pic they both wook great 30 round clips have a slight woblble and i mean slight the 20 round clips fit tight as hell i like it so far we both put about 1000 rounds each through them with no problems whatsoever

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

9. slimjim

slimjim New Member

Go for a russian Kalashnikov AK-47

10. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

:ugh2:

11. benelli

benelli Active Member

authentic is always > * AK...but where? All i see is from the eastern blocks (sp)

12. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I've got a Romanian SAR 1, love it. For the extra few bucks get one iwth the threaded barrel and bayonett lug. Just cause if you don't you'll want to do it eventually. I've got my thread kit, not just need everything else.

13. Ukraine Train

Ukraine Train New Member

My friend has a Russian VEPR K (K is the 16" barrel as opposed to 20"). They come in all kinds of varieties but his has a skeleton stock, muzzle brake ($50 option) and is chambered in 7.62x39. It's built on an RPK (light machine gun) receiver. $600 for it. I think the scope was another $125 or so. This is it with my CETME and my other friend's AR:
    [​IMG]