WEB Ajax crew: What exactly do i need to look into to get this idea working

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ricky, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Well basically right now i have an html form, with a text input. I set it up basically so when theres an "onchange" it'll submit the form automatically. I like this, but i dont like how basically the form works. It refreshes the page and removes the input.

I figured in order to have it complete my post action in the form, without refreshign the page i will need some sort of ajax.

What funtions exactly will i need to focus and research on in order to complete this.

Thanks

2. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

you don't need ajax really.. just javascript.

instead of submitting the form, call a javacript function that sends the form info for you

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

look into jquery, it will allow you simplfy your JS experience

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

ahh alright. i will take a look on google and see what i can find.

5. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Ive been checking out some examples of jquery. its pretty neat but i think what im trying to do is a little over my head and kind of impossible.

I have this form right. Lets say there are two fields.

One for their name and one for their age.

The first field, i want the user to enter in their name. onchange it will then post their name data to my php script located on the same page. my script will go to google images and imbed the first image right underneath the field. I also want to save their name in a variable. all of this done at once through an onchange without hitting the submit button.

The second field is going to simply be their name.

then once they submit it, i want the first variable, which has already been posted and the second field to be entered into my database.

I just want to know, is it possible to save the first field into a variable and be used later on in maybe a second form if necessary ?