COMIC Aite, i have a comic reader on my N1, so recommend some manga!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sintaku, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Sintaku

Sintaku New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Like Death Note, flame of recca, rurouni kenshin.

Those are the only manga I've read. I want complete mangas.

2. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

GTO is not really like the ones you mentioned, but it is very good. It is about a delinquent who becomes a high school teacher and how he gets through to the worst kids in the school with some unorthodox means.

It is hard to think of complete series as most of the good ones are ongoing.
    -Berserk is great for total bad assery.

-Fullmetal Alchemist is probably one of the best written series going with alot of twists to the story.

-And of course One Piece is still my all time favorite for a near perfect mix of action and comedy with some truly great characters.

All three of those have been going on for awhile so should keep you busy.

3. Sintaku

Sintaku New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

How long is one piece? Also anime or manga? Which is better?

4. Tikiman

One Piece is currently on it's 570th chapter.

Since the anime follows the manga exactly there really is not a better. The anime does have filler from time to time that is for the most part not as good as the manga but even the fillers are usually pretty enjoyable I think. Outside of a couple of really bad arcs.

One thing I will say about One Piece is most people tend to agree that is does start out a little slow. Give it a bit to get going, at least until the character of Sanji gets introduced, and I think you will like it. It has a similar feel as Kenshin (another one of my favorites) where it can go from being totally goofy to totally serious and back in the blink of an eye and handles it really well.

5. Shuyin409

Shuyin409 OT Supporter

i just started watching the anime yesterday and just got to sanji im enjoying it right now..

6. Tikiman

It just keep getting better and better from then on. The arc after Sanji's arc, the Arlong Park arc, one of my favorites.

7. Shuyin409

Shuyin409 OT Supporter

love the way they flash back about each person and their past.... adds a lot to the story

8. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

I tried One Piece even thoough I hate the art. I got somewhere past 100 chapters and couldn't take it anymore.