GUN Airsoft Glock Vs Real Glock

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 3, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Real Glock wins.

Man Killed After Police Chase Had 'Replica' Handgun

POSTED: 12:15 pm EST November 3, 2006
    E-mail this story | Print this story
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police just released the name of a 21-year-old man shot by police late Thursday after a high-speed chase, and details of what led up to the fatal confrontation.

Police said Rafael Valentin sideswiped two cars while driving on Southside Boulevard about 5:30 p.m. After a brief chase and striking more vehicles, Valentin got out of his car near Tinsletown and fired what appeared to be a handgun at officers, according Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Detectives Steve Weintraub.

Two officers then fired at Valentine, striking him in the chest, Weintraub said. Valentin was pronounced dead at the scene.

"We then inspected Mr. Valentin's handgun and learned it to be an accurate replica of a Glock pistol." Weintraub said Friday morning. "This type of replica weapon does indeed have a working slide, it shoots projectiles and makes a shooting-type sound when fired."

Police began pursuing the man's vehicle when the 2001 green Mazda he was driving swerved onto the shoulder of the road, hitting a police car and another vehicle pulled over for a traffic violation.

Southside Boulevard was closed for four hours while police investigated the shooting.

It was not clear what caused the man to shoot at authorities. There were no drugs or stolen property discovered in the car and Valentin had no criminal record, according to police.

"We are continuing our investigation hope to learn the reason for Mr. Valentin's aggressive behavior," Weintraub aid. "Our sympathies do go out to the Valentin family."

The two officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation, which is standard procedure in police-involved shootings.

Valentin's father told Channel 4 that his son was under medical treatment for what he described as "mental problems." The family said that after graduating from Orange Park High School in 2003, Valentin had attended the University of North Florida and Florida State University.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

J-Ville, woot woot.

3. tpliquid

tpliquid Oh hi, My GF has been upgraded ^ OT Supporter

my airsofft glock is pretty quiet.

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

airsoft glocks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:eek3d:

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

ah my home . . . I do love this line
    [
    It was not clear what caused the man to shoot at authorities. There were no drugs or stolen property discovered in the car and Valentin had no criminal record, according to police.

I though the whole point was it was a toy and couldn't fire

6. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Having played airsoft and been around them, I cant blame the cops for shooting the retard. They had a split second to react, and visually it looked like a threat. Poor dumb bastard who couldnt afford a real glock.

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Sounds like a possible suicide by cop.

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

no one is blaming the cops.. you have a split second to decide, you dont take a chance on it being a toy gun.

9. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Speaking to the liberal pussies who may be lurking.....:eek3:

10. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

thats the first thing that went through my head when I read the story.