airport randomly causing system to be choppy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by moses, Dec 9, 2005.

1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

Sometimes while browsing with Safari, Firefox, or Deer Park i'll click on a link while its chugging away and then all the sudden my airport connection just starts acting really sluggish along with my whole system. I've tried turning off airport and then restarting it but this doesn't seem to solve the problem and the only fix i've found so far is just rebooting the damn thing.

This has only happened like 4 times in the past 4 months, but when it happens its annoying. Anyone else having issues like this??

2. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

i had an issue like that, it actually turned out to be the wireless phones in our home. i switched channels on the airport using airport config and that fixed everything right up.

hopefully that helps, if not i'll keep thinkin about it

3. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

wireless/cell phone or a cordless phone? I live in an apt so i'm sure neighbors have cordless phones

4. urban ape

cordless, not cell phone. just try switching channels on the airport using airport config. there are 11 selectable channels i believe, so you should be able to find something that works. also, you can use interference robustness to prevent other signals like microwaves and phones from messing with it.

5. urban ape

6. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i should have specified that i meant the airport card. I'm actually connecting into a netgear wireless device.