Airport basestation problem...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by skolen, Dec 13, 2007.

1. skolen

skolen Guest

This reared its head out of the blue yesterday. I have a melted M&M model (white w/chrome logo) and it suddenly won't establish a connection.

When I access it in Airport Utility under Leopard it's discovered. But when I click to configure it just sits at "reading basestation configuration..." forever. I've done a hard reset on both the cable modem and BS but it still gives me an amber light icon in the Utility menu (this model has no colored onboard lights)

I popped it open to see if a wire had come loose (maybe it fell and I didn't know) and nothing was wrong. It does consist of just an Airport Extreme card plugged into a board. Think I could just swap it out w/the one in my iBook? I don't think that's the problem as I can discover the BS, just can't configure it.

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

tried holding the reset for the 10 seconds or so then pressing it to reset to defaults? forgot the combo but its in the manual, will reset its password to public.

3. skolen

skolen Guest

That didn't work when I tried it last night (at work now).

I see this, but in english, and it shows my model basestation with an amber light next to it:
    [​IMG]

4. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

dont have leopard :dunno:

5. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

you can also configure it plugged into the lan port. try that?

6. skolen

skolen Guest

Figured it out all by my lonesome. It's not even on Apple's support site so I feel extra proud.

Turns out that if the BS is reset it can't be accessed by the new AP Utility in Leopard. I had to access it from my iBook running Tiger to which then I could reconfigure it and set everything back up.

Cookie for me.