MIL airline screwed me!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by aftershock-, Dec 28, 2005.

1. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

Well i was about to get in bed cause i had to get up early and drive 2 hours to the airport tomorrow morning to catch my flight back to arizona. i checked my email real quick and noticed an email from expedia.com saying my itenerary had changed. i opened it up and noticed that my flight dates had been changed to thursday instead of wed like they were supose to be. i called up delta asap who said that my flight had been cancelled due to bad weather that were supose to have tomorrow. i explained to them that i was military and had to report back in by 0600 on thursday but it was no use. i tried to get flights outta like 3 different airports up to 4 hours away but they were all booked.

i called up one of my sgts who i believe should be checking in off leave at the same time and explained the situation to him. he said that hed try and take care of it and not to worry. needless to say i am quite pissed. im not to worried about not being able to make it, since it is a reasonable excuse and its out of my power. i am worried however that my watch will be short one extra man that shift and will have to work that much harder. anybody else been screwed by the airlines before like this? :hs:

2. RRTX

RRTX New Member

That sucks, normally if you tell them you are military and have to be back they will try to get you on a flight if at all possible. When I was in I always scheduled my return trips to come in at least two days prior to when I had to be back just in case that kind of shit happened. I was flying back and forth from Germany though so if you missed a flight you were pretty much looking at at least a full day before even having a chance at another.

ETA: Your chain of command should be ok, calling someone was a good idea. I would bring a copy of your original itinerary, copy of the email, and copy of itinerary for the soonest flight you can get with you just in case.

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Tis the season man.
    Everyone is trying to get home and bad weather is all over the place.

Good luck.

At least you called.

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

When I was in tech school, I went home on a long weekend to see my dad. On my way back my car broke down near Rawlins Wyoming (pretty much dead center in the middle of nowhere). After a series of unfortunate events, I ended up with zero cash, a car that would never see a road again, and a Monday morning formation that I was going to miss.

I called the squadron collect to let them know what was up, but the CQ refused to accept the collect call. :ugh: I made it back to the base a day late and a few dollars short. When I checked in, my 1st Sgt told me the CQ had made a note in the log that I had attempted to call, and I never got in trouble for it.

5. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

i was granted 2 days of emergency leave to have time to get back. ill only be around 11 hours or so past my original check in time, hopefully they wont charge me another full day of leave

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

pics of the screwing?