Air Pollution and Sucralose

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by PatrickSparks, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickSparks

PatrickSparks New Member

I found this article earlier today and had to hear some reactions. I have mentioned Phosgene, which is used to make sucralose, here before, but this seems like a new aspect of the story. It sounds like the town where this is going on, has some real environmental concerns. Here's part of the article and the link.

http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/news/1114334510292330.xml

2. Atenza6i

Atenza6i New Member

3. PatrickSparks

PatrickSparks New Member

Nobody else finds this interesting? This little town seems like it has some serious concerns given the amount of chemicals in the area. I don't think I would want huge amounts of this Phosgene stuff in my town.

4. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:dunno: Lots of toxic chemicals are used everyday to make millions of other things in America.

5. Nitromike

Nitromike Abused cabbage patch kid

There aren't huge amounts of phosgene in the town .. read closely, the phosgene is made onsite as needed, not trucked or railed in

6. PatrickSparks

PatrickSparks New Member

It just seems like the town already has environmental concerns; therefore, the last thing the town needs is additional chemical development. Both chlorine and phosgene seem a bit more dangerous as manufacturing tools than I originally would have thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.