MIL Air National Guard, tell me about it.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Climbing Cracker, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

I've been considering this a lot lately, for several reasons. I have an appointment with a recruiter next week. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience?

Basic facts about me:

male
    college graduate, B.A. Communication
    overall great physical shape (triathlete, give me all the cardio you got! :squint: )
    i need money for a business, and I want to get out and experience things I probably never would as a civilian

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

You have two options: enlisted or officer. I know nothing about the officer option.

Enlisted: you will go to basic training and then on to your job-specific training. You will do this with active-duty enlistees, and will be no different from them until after you complete your training. They will go off to their first duty base, while you will return to your home. From then on, you will be doing your one weekend a month and two weeks a year thing.

You will learn a skill and get some extra pocket money. You won't earn enough to live off doing your weekend drills, though.

pay scale: Enlisted

3. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

I'm thinking I'll go the officer route for more money, since I have a degree. My enlistment will be longer, and that's fine considering I'm seeking to pay off my student loan through any kind of reimbursment I can get. Hopefully the enlistment officer can answer some of these questions. I'm kind of excited in a way. I know a few people in reserves and it's served all of them well in the past and present. :cool: