MIL Air Force recruiter an asshole...typical?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jimmybuffett, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

My good friend called an Air Force recruiter to set up an appt. to learn some more about enlisting. Took the guy over a week to make it down (they don't have one in our town, he's deployed, so a 2 hour drive from K.C) anyways, he finally makes it down, is 45 minutes late and then proceeds to be an asshole to my friend. Spent 10 minutes explaining to him all of what he needed to enlist, wouldn't tell him about any openings, any salarys/benefits, nothing. All he would spit out what shit about how the Air Force DOESN'T need him, and they only take the best of the best. He finally pissed my friend off bad enough that he told him to take the Force and shove it up his ass, and left.

Keep in mind my friend scored a 98 on his ASVAB and was a B+ A- student his entire lift, and is currently at MSU about to graduate with a degree.

Why in the fuck would this guy be such an arrogant asshole to someone as capable as that for the military? I didn't understand but it did make me decide I might just settle on the Army. (I'm enlisting after college is over)

2. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Anyone who enlists after a college degree is stupid. Picking the Army because you are angry with the Air Force is just chessy. I have no issues with any of the branches. With out them the US would suck. If the guy can't deal with the BS now he will drop out later.

The guy prob made his quota for the month. All being high scoring ASVAB recruits.

3. flipflop

flipflop flippity flop flippity flop

werd i wouldnt enlist if i had a degree :nono:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  4. PurpKush

PurpKush Sticky Yet Satisfying

yeah, ROTC kids at my university think they're the shit. i just dismiss it knowing that they couldn't get into their precious faggot military academy.

5. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

Regardless of him being close to getting his degree, is there any reason to be a dickhead?

6. christopher92

christopher92 I Nuke Gay Whales For Jesus

someone dirty dicked his coffee that mornin? :dunno: dont make your decisions based on what kind of guy you recruiter is, mine was a total dick but the chief of the station was awesome and the other two guys were pretty cool....none of them made me want to join/not join, i made my decision before i even talked to them

7. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

^^^ that was me btw....

8. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Yes. I am sure he had a reason for being a dick. Why don't you just call him and ask.

9. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

you put your poop on the wall?

10. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

If you want to join I'd suggest going guard, I love it and can deploy when I want where I want. If I don't want to deploy usually you never do. The last time my supervisor was deployed was over 15 years ago.

11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I guess the airforce doesn't need people that bad. The local airforce recruiter is never in his office. You have to make an appointment to see him, I think that's the only time he comes in.

12. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

If your friend was as smart as you say he is he'd get on the internet and find out about benefits, pay, jobs, etc on his own. It's the middle of the fiscal year, pretty much any job should be open. Your friend sounds like he wants the military spoon fed to him with a happy ending or he's not going to join, there might be a recruiter willing to do that but I know for a fact I wouldn't be. If it's something you want YOU will take the initiative. That's how the military is. Don't expect ANYTHING to be given to you, regardless of grades, scores, sexual orientation, poop on the wall, whatever. It's not like ANY of that will mean ANYTHING at ANY point in your career so he should get over it quick...

13. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

maybe cause there are hundreds of smarter and more qualified candidates out there?

14. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

the recruiter wasnt BSing him when he said the AF dosent need him, he was telling him how it is, very sorry for not telling him he is the greatest thing the AF has seen in years.

15. jung918

jung918 Member

I thought the Airforce was downsizing. That is what I heard before I got out in 06

16. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i disagree wholeheartedly, poop on the wall will ALWAYS make a difference in your career! :noes:

17. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

tell him dont join

18. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

lol poop on wall

19. nvusgt

nvusgt New Member

this is exactly what i did before joining and now the AF is paying back a $10,000 dollar college loan :coolugh:

shit was on my contract son!

20. whitecouch

:bigthumb: Get em!

21. Suspend

Suspend New Member

I got a 97 and had already finished a degree and a tech school...He was still a dick.

22. Suspend

Suspend New Member

you still get a gi bill, cause $10000 isnt that much compared to $75000

23. evan2

evan2 Guest

He was right, the AF was trying to cut back on people so now they only take in people in jobs we need...so you really dont have that much of a selection nowadays

plus why kiss your ass to join...if he cant take a bit or rudeness then he needs to gtfo....

plus I hope this wasnt an enlisted recruiter..

24. whitecouch

Probably was. I was my own officer recruiter. (Recruiter) "Oh Hi, you want to be an Air Force officer?" (me) "Why yes I do, where do I start?" (recruiter) "No fucking clue, lets have fun!"

Not exactly rocket science, find package, put together package, mail in (purposefully omitting hard steps).:noes: