MIL ****Air Force Crew Help****

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sniper FX, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Sniper FX

Sniper FX Pumpin' and Humpin

I have been contemplating with my newly aqcuired Criminal Justice college degree signing up for Officer Training in the U.S. Air Force. I would like to pursue a career in counter intelligence and/or criminal investigation if available.

I would love to hear from anyone that knows someone who is, or has been
    down this road, and if it is worth it. Also what I should expect, what I should request, etc, etc.

Oh and of course I would like to know the likelyhood of my immediate transfer to the Middleast once I signed on going into Officer Training, and not the basic boot camp.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

First off, talk with an Air Force Officer recruiter.

Special Investigations Officer
    The Special Investigations Officer manages and conducts special investigations including criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, internal security and technical service investigations. Your responsibilities will include establishing investigative workloads, organization, location and operational procedures for Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) units. You will also conduct training programs for AFOSI, DoD organizations and foreign allied personnel. In addition, you will serve as the representative on committees and boards and conduct joint investigations and operations with agencies and high-level United States and foreign dignitaries. All Air Force career fields are based on qualifications and job availability.

3. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Judge Advocate
    The Judge Advocate General's Department offers exciting career opportunities. Its mission is to provide full-spectrum legal services that support Air Force people, operations, readiness and modernization. Service in The Judge Advocate General's Department is remarkably diverse and professionally fulfilling because we are actively engaged in all aspects of the Air Force experience. As a JAG, you'll actively engage in a direct and hands-on practice of the law. In addition, you will have the opportunity to experience a diversified legal practice (criminal, labor, environmental, medical, government contracts, international, and personal legal assistance for service men and women) with complementary opportunities to hone one's litigation skills. Our core competencies underpin our fields of practice ... which collectively constitute Full-Spectrum Legal Services. Our Core Competencies are: Compelling Advocacy and Litigation – Employ advocacy, negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, and litigation measures as aggressively as required to ensure that desired outcomes are attained whenever possible to preserve command prerogatives so the Air Force can accomplish the mission. Fair Military Justice – Assist commanders in the administration of military justice as they maintain the morale, good order and discipline of their forces. We ethically and expertly fulfill our roles: advisory, judicial, prosecutorial, defense, appellate and administrative. Authoritative Counsel – Advice and recommendations to provide decision-makers at all levels with the information and analyses they need to best evaluate options, assess risks and make informed decisions within the bounds of domestic and international law. Operational Readiness – Maintain deployment skills to provide the warfighter with the complete set of legal capabilities at any place, at any time, wherever the Air Force goes ranging from fixed facilities to austere deployed locations. Robust Legal Programs – Provide valuable and responsive programs such as legal and income tax assistance, defense services, preventive law, claims, and legal training on a variety of subjects. Legal Information Mastery – Rapidly obtain, analyze and communicate legal information; and then transmit analyses and advice to decision-makers. For these and many other reasons, service as an Air Force judge advocate offers unique opportunities and promises enriching experiences for you. I invite you to consider becoming an Air Force judge advocate. The more you know about our practice, the more you'll find that our challenges and opportunities are unparalleled. To learn more visit the JAG website. All Air Force career fields are based on qualifications and job availability.

4. i_is_surf

i_is_surf New Member

My advice to you if you want to gain some experiance.

Do it on the street at a PD..

Unfortunately being in the military and going AFOSI doesn't give you 1811 status per se. You get the commensurate work experiance as an 1811 but short of not going through CITP at FLETC it doesn't do much for you. As for deployments, you will have to be in your job at least 6 months before they ship you out. Normally it is at least a year before that happens. We do Criminal Investigations as well as Counter-Intelligence..

Best bet is to put some resumes up to other FLEO organizations as well as AFOSI and wait it out as a civilian

Don't go Security Forces either. You really don't use your degree at all in that career field. You will learn more infantry tactics then you would care to do. Going into this career field will garuntee you a trip to the sand box.

5. Sniper FX

Sniper FX Pumpin' and Humpin

Thanks for the suggestions and help.
    I havent ruled out the local police departments here yet.
    So I really havent completely made up my mind yet, but definately want to use my degree and pursue the criminal interrogations and my investigation interests.

I honestly once I gain the security clearance and after serving my time would probably go
    NSA, FBI, or CIA. If I was to go the Air Force route.

So who knows.

Thanks again for the suggestions.