MIL Air Force Combat Controller

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by clever_username, Jul 11, 2005.

1. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

I'm a navy controller right now. Does anyone have any info on combat controller? does the air force even take prior enlisted?

2. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

They are not one in the same. And in order to get accepted into the Air Force for PJ or Combat Control you must qualify through a points worksheet system. I joined the AF in hopes of becoming a CCT, but I have to wait until the 36 month mark of my 4 year enlistment.

I speak to the Combat Control functional manager on a regular basis. If you have any questions send them to me on email, and I will ask him. He would be the best source for your answers.

PRIOR SERVICE SCREENING FOR CCT/PJ CANDIDATES
    The following point chart will be used to pre-qualify Prior Service (PS) candidates for Combat
    Control - CCT (AFSC J1C2X1) or Pararescue – PJ (AFSC J1T2X1) duty. Start with the
    individual’s Military Specialty score, add additional qualification points and combat bonus points
    to get a final score. A total of 30 points is required in order to request further screening.
    Recruiter’s will make copies of applicable diplomas, DD Form 214, resume, other supporting
    documents and a completed point chart, and forward to the CCT/PJ career field functional

[​IMG]

The PAST for prior service/crosstrainees is different than the basic training requirements also.

“FIRST THERE”
    CCT PHYSICAL ABILITY & STAMINA TEST (PAST)
    EVALUATION WORKSHEET
    Retrainees and Prior Service Applicants
    Current as of 10 Sep 04
    TEST DATE: ______/______/______
    APPLICANT’S INFORMATION
    NAME: (L, F, MI.) ___________________________,________________, ___ SSAN: ______-____-__________
    ADDRESS:_________________________________ CITY: _______________________STATE: ___ ZIP: ______
    WORK TELE: (_____) ______-________ CELL: (____) ______-___________
    RECRUITER/SUPERVISOR RANK/NAME:________________________________________________________
    RECRUITER/SUPERVISOR E-MAIL ADDRESS: _______________________________
    WORK TELE: (_____) ______-________ CELL: (____) ______-___________
    1500 METER SWIM (MAX. TIME LIMIT 34MIN) (use back if require) FINISH TIME __________
    LAP 01: ____:____ LAP 02: ____:____ LAP 03: ____:____ LAP 04: ____:____ LAP 05: ____:____
    LAP 06: ____:____ LAP 07: ____:____ LAP 08: ____:____ LAP 09: ____:____ LAP 10: ____:____
    LAP 11: ____:____ LAP 12: ____:____ LAP 13: ____:____ LAP 14: ____:____ LAP 15: ____:____
    REST: 30 MINUTES
    3 MILE RUN (MAX TIME LIMIT 23’30”) FINISH TIME _________
    MILE 1: ____:____ MILE 2: ____:____ MILE 3: ____:____
    REST: 10 MINUTES
    CHIN UPS IN 1 MINUTE (MINIMUM 9) REPETITIONS ______
    REST: 3 MINUTES
    SIT UPS IN 2 MINUTES (MINIMUM 67) REPETITIONS ______
    REST: 3 MINUTES
    PUSH UPS IN 2 MINUTES (MINIMUM 56) REPETITIONS ______ COMPLETE
    PASS FAIL
    TEST ADMINISTRATOR’S INFORMATION
    RANK/POSITION: _____________ NAME: ________________________________ UNIT: __________________
    ADDRESS: __________________________ BASE/CITY: ___________________STATE: _____ ZIP: ________
    WORK NUMBER: DSN: _____ COMM. (_____) ______-_________ CELL: (_____) ______-_________
    SIGNATURE: __________________________________ E-MAIL: ______________________________________
    COMMENTS/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    COMMANDER’S ENDORSEMENT
    I certify that the applicant named did successfully pass the Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST).
    _____/ _______________________________/ ___________ ___________________________ __________
    Rank Full Name Unit Unit Commander’s Signature Date Signed

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  4. brackac

Mongorunner why do you have a PJ avatar?

5. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

hmm looks like i qualify for pjs and cct :cool:

6. brackac

Only because of the don't ask don't tell policy.

7. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

cus i have a friend that is in PJ school as we speak...and i want to become a PJ when i graduate college:dunno:

why do you have a mustang in your avatar:hsugh:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  8. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

From what I understand being a Tac-P would be more interesting actually getting to call in CAS. A former Tac-P on my team said CCT basically act like a air traffic controller and organize the aircraft in the sky.

9. brackac

He is just bitter; Tac-P are nothing more than Army 13F in Air Force blue. The training of a CCT shows that they are more than just Air Traffic Controllers. The CCT pipeline includes Army Airborne, SERE, HALO, Combat Scuba, Air Traffic Control, and Combat Control school. The training course takes 2 years to complete. While a TAC-P is mission ready in 4 months. Air Traffic Control is one part of being a CCT, providing CAS for SpecOps missions is another main part of the CCT job. 90% of the bombs dropped in Afghanistan were called in by a Combat Controller, and Afghanistan was won by a handful of CCT and SF. There is a reason why the CCT motto is "FIRST THERE"

As a member of the Special Tactics Team, you are organized, trained and equipped for rapid insertion into hostile areas by whatever means necessary --- parachute, scuba, vehicle, etc. --- to establish communications and control airlift and air strike assets in the target area. Some of the duties include: assault zone assessment and establishment; air traffic control; command and control communications; special operations terminal attack control; and demolitions.

CCTs provide a unique capability and typically train and deploy with joint air and ground forces such as the US Army Rangers, Special Forces, and the US Navy SEALs in the execution of Direct Action, Counter-terrorism, Foreign Internal Defense, Humanitarian Assistance, Special Reconnaissance, Austere Airfield, and Combat Search and Rescue operations. The elite special tactics team is usually the first military unit deployed to international trouble spots.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  10. brackac

Because I own a Mustang. There lies the difference.

11. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

If u say that 9in the back is urs then :bowdown: (get it Ford makes 9in REAR ENDS) *looks for lame joke of the day prize*:hsd:

12. DaRkPhAnToM

SF is going to be using their own "CCTs" in the near future so i hear

13. brackac

Not true, the Air Force is adding 100+ more CCT slots to met the mission demand. And SOCOM is committed to the joint service team, as proven by the efforts to have a Marine unit within SOCOM.

14. brackac

Pathetic.

15. DaRkPhAnToM

i was just saying what i heard from someone, sounds like your right, i still dont forgive SOCOM for letting the marines in on the fun :mamoru:

16. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I don't know that he is bitter. His experience comes from seeing them operate in Afghanistan. If he he really thought they were that much better I would thing he would choose to stay with them instead of spending all the time in the Q-Course. Sure all those nice highspeed schools are a nice benifet but his "negative" experience with both the PJs and CCT made him pursure SF instead.

17. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

who said i was one? can't a brotha show some support and praise?:dunno:

18. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

im sorry:hug:

19. brackac

From spending time with them in Afghanistan? He most of not paid attention or holds a personal grudge. The team of Combat Controllers and SF won the war in Afghanistan. And as I stated previous the Combat Controllers were responsible for 90% of the bombs dropped in Afghanistan; not the Army or Air Force TAC-P. Then there is the fact that a Combat Controller and two PJ's are one of the main reasons the Rangers made it out of Somalia. The Combat Controllers provided Command and Control and CAS during the firefight; not something you will see in the movie. I know an Officer and a E6 that were both involved in the Somalia response team, and they both have nothing but great things to say about the Air Force PJ's and Controllers.

During my time in the Army I did not apply for SF or Ranger due to the fact that their mission did not interest me. And I would be interested to know what his "negative" experiences were in Afghanistan. It would be interesting to compare them with the CCT guys that were there.

They don't send you to HALO and Combat Scuba as a job perk. They send you because these qualifications are necessary tools to complete the mission.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  20. brackac

21. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I'm not doubting that they are skilled individuals. After all..all the training they go through is very rigerous. I'll have to ask him again but I do remember him specifically saying that in Afghanistan the PJ's refused to go in and rescue some soldiers at one point due to it being too "hot" therefore Army guys went into grab them.

I do not believe he has a grudge against the Air Force, the PJs and CCT. He doesn't talk bad about the Air Force. He just said he wasn't impressed with what they did. I will ask him about CCT's involvement over in Afghanistan and see what he says.

I'm also going to go read those articles you posted. Obviously you are going to have varying opinions about anything military related. My friend was a E-5, Tabbed Ranger and Jumpmaster. I don't think he would make up shit but I don't know because I wasn't there.

22. brackac

That exact story has been used by Marines on this website as a way to discredit the Army. :rofl: Look familiar?

23. brackac

Even though I am currently in the Air Force, I previously served 9 years in the Army. I have been in the military for 10+ years, in tactical units for the 10+ years, and am very familiar with the capabilities of SF, Ranger, and the Air Force SpecOps units. If he wasn't impressed by the professionalism or capabilities of the PJ's or CCT, then he is a hard man to impress, or wasn't in a position to experience their capabilities first hand.

24. DaRkPhAnToM

like brackac has said, CCTs and PJs are very skilled and highly professional individuals on par with SF, i have talked to a couple PJs before and walked away very impressed