AIM crashes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mtilton, Mar 3, 2005.

1. mtilton

mtilton Dance Tonight! Revolution Tomorrow!

i tried to reinstall aim, i tried restarting, everytime i go to log onto aim it crashes and ive contacted AIM and my computer's tech support but they cant help me. do you know anything i could do to correct this problem. I also tried to decrease my firewall protection.

2. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Not sure if i can help you directly with aim, but try installing Trillian instead, this way you can be associated with AOL but not actually install anything the piece of shit crap AOL gives you.

3. mtilton

yeah i tried trillian that crashed too i found many things relating to my problems on the internet but none seemed to work but i found something else now, system restore, which i dont know why i didnt try in the first place haha. My friend told me to try GAIM too are you familiar with it? is it good?

4. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

I perosnally am not too familiar with GAIM, not many people worldwide use AIM in the first place, its mostly an american thing. I'm sure someone else can help you with this problem, never hurts to try GAIM though. Keep us updated.

5. 01000101

01000101 New Member

sounds like theres something else going on on your box. you sure you cleaned all the spyware etc out?

spybot, adaware, avg; google, dl, install, update, run

6. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

i've never used GAIM on a windows box before, but the linux version was great IMO.

7. mtilton

i downloaded GAIM, i like it so far and its nice and simple no ads or anything. I still want to get aim to work just because there is still that problem you know? I found out i also cant use system restore(says it cant complete it when its done restarting), i ran norton and adaware and deleted a few things. Meh ill call tech support tomorrow i guess, thanks alot though GAIM is great.

8. mtilton

yeah i ran norton and adaware i found 15 spyware on adaware and two virus/bugs on norton. It didnt help with the aim problem though. :wtc: im going to keep working on the problem though and if i find a cure ill let you guys know. thanks again :)

9. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter