AIM Ad Hack

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Don't know if this is a repost but I figured I would pass this along to those of you who still use AIM. I personally use Trillian Pro as my IM program but because it doesn't allow file transfer/direct connect most of the time I use AIM for that purpose alone. Basically this program cleans up AIM, getting rid of all the spyware and extra programs that come along with AIM that you don't need along with getting rid of all the ads. It just doesn't hide them like DeadAIM is actually deletes them completely and doesn't allow them to re-install.

http://aftermath.dyndns.org:8888/~aimadhack/

Also make sure and un-install your current version of AIM because the program installs the correct version for you. :)

2. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

I use Trillian too, but the broken File Transfer annoys the shit out of me. I still want more functionality than AOL's client has to offer. Does anyone know if Trillian 3 fixes the File Transfers? Is GAIM still as primitive as it was a year or so ago? Is there nothing else out there better than Trillian?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I use Trillian Pro 3 and the only thing that has ever worked for me was direct connect but even that only worked on rare occasions. Plus I hate the fact that Trillian doesn't support complete folder transfers versus just one file at a time. I hate AIM too but this program brings me back like three or four years ago when AIM was clean and spyware free, plus it allows me to do the whole direct connect/file transfer thing so it serves me for just that purpose.