MMA Aikido in MMA

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm really trying to let him down easily, and not be a complete jerk. :hsugh:

Thoughts?

The thread was originally about the OWGP, and he was posting about how he had a hard time watching because he saw all the holes in their games. Then he related it to his experience with Aikido and why Aikido is "too brutal for MMA".

2. xinster

xinster New Member

well duh, so is rex kwon do. the rules specifically state that rex kwon do is too pwnage for mma.

3. JustGod

JustGod New Member

Honestly, there isn't much you can do. It is the typical "my art is too deadly for the UFC" response. Some people are too far gone.

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

yeah someone like that has their head placed wayyyy too far up their ass to believe anything different.

just let him live in his world of delusion

5. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

what a fucking retard, tell him to grab your wrist when you're swinging for his fucking head. Until then, keep his deadly martial art outta MMA! everybody's terrified of Aikido. Fucking hackjob, he probably believes that Segal is a fearsome warrior of epic proportions. That guy should DIAF

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

That is the kind of response I didn't want to type. But it's what I was thinking the entire time.

7. itr452

Gimme a link, I have nothing to lose! hahahah

8. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Throw a kimura on him, break his arm, tell him to stfu.

9. itr452

he'd fucking wristlock vash, if vash had a kimura on him. God, i went to an Aikido class one time and it was a bunch of retards screaming stuff in Japanese, followed with the typical "HAI" and "OSU". These guys came in after our judo class and i heard them snickering about how useless judo was in the "real world". Bunch of self aggrandizing, self righteous assholes. It comes to me as no surprise that you've been in this conversation. I asked an aikido black belt (black skirt) dude to roll with me (a white belt in judo) he declined because of philosophical reasons. Yes i'm angry

10. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

see that's the worst. not only believing that aikido is some end all be all of martial arts, but then being so far-removed from o-sensei's philosophy of aikido to snicker and ridicule other arts that actually PRACTICE WITH RESISTANCE!?!? what fags of the highest order.

11. chackrafool

chackrafool New Member

Wow, he obviously dosen't know the basic nature of Aikido. You can't argue with ignorant people like that.

12. m2e

m2e OT Supporter

so your saying segal isint a fearsome warrior of epic proportions? :ugh:

13. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i think aikido has it's place but to think everyone would be destroyed if someone used it in MMA is pretty funny.
    makes you wonder if the guy has watched any pride or ufc matches cause Fedor vs,,,well anyone that just knows aikido would probably be pretty damn funny to watch imo
    all i can picture is the WTF face this guy talking bout aidido would make when fedor threw him on the ground and pounded his face in switching to a arm bar and snapping that shit off lol oh i'm laughing right now and it's fun

14. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

depends who you ask, if your a krispy kreme dougnut you'd be plenty scared of the fat bastard lol

but hey you gotta admit the 1st under siege was cool....tommy lee jones is da shit

15. xinster

xinster New Member

segal's energy drink (all flavors) are some of the most vile tasting shits ever.

16. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

I asked a buddy one time to show me how he'd get out of a headlock. he did something that i guess was supposed to throw me on my back or something. i ended on my knees and still had the headlock applied. he said something about not doing the move full force. imo, if he tried, he'd have just hurt himself, cause it wasn't going to get me to let go, and i'd have just took his head with me if he did throw me to the ground. needless to say, he quit aikido after that demo.

17. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

I pulled that same trick in an Aikido class. The headlock escape actually came up and it seemed to work alright, until I did it different. I got the lock and grabbed my shirt, then told him to get out. He couldn't do it. After that the instructor came over and had me do it. He went for my fingers and got out, but it took so long that I'd have just killed his ass if it were real.

18. itr452

he's both actually, especially the part where i said EPIC proportions.
    *shiver* his video game on SNES kicked ass btw!

19. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:rofl:

20. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Aikido seems to be something you should study after becoming an accomplished fighter.

If I remember my history correctly. O-Sensei would only take students who were already accomplished Martial Artists because Aikido required percision timing and the ability to successfully counter an attack.

21. xinster

xinster New Member

that just sounds elitist. Either that or you have to be physically superior than others to make aikido work.

22. thatguy

thatguy New Member

23. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Simply, the reason todays MMA athletes practice and train in the style and manner they do is because it is the most effective. If there was some super deadly, touch of death, insta-KO, fighting style in existance then every professional fighter would soon be practicing it. Its the same argument youll get into with many people practicing styles like aikido, krav, jkd, and so on. In this case, sport imitates life, and if there was any edge in training that a professional fighter could take, an individual whos very livelyhood depends on fighting, it would be implimented. End of story.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  24. Haha you don't know much about Japanese martial arts then hah.

Iaito? A lot of my dealings with them have yeilded many elitist people. Not all of course, but many.

25. xinster

xinster New Member

If you compare boxing to MMA, you will get the same thing. It is much harder to be a good boxer than a good mmaer if you don't got the genetics for it. Just ask mo smith...