AHHHHH the distance game!!!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by [HRT]Squirrel Master, Mar 29, 2005.

1. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

Ok so a little background on my situation might help. My girl and I have been together for going on 2.5 years. She is great and I love her to death. We are great together and have a very good relationship.

Here is where it gets tricky. I am a recent college grad and have a good paying and fast paced Job now. She has one more year to go (in theory). My GF is a nationally recognized horse trainer and rider for Morgan’s. Every summer since about 2 past, she has left for the entire summer to study under a world-renowned horse trainer. Basically he is handing down the knowledge and EVERYTHING to her.

The problem is that I am starting in my career now, and actually doing well! She is starting to gain clientele and is beginning on her path to becoming a horse trainer (her dream since she was 3). She got an offer to take over a barn and the clients in it no strings attached from a family friend (THATS HUGE). But this would require her to be 2 hours away from where I live. This normally wouldn’t be a problem except for the fact that it will create a long distance relationship. AND what happens if we decide to get married? I’m in the city and she is in the country.

I’m more of a traditionalist in nature I guess you could say; so moving my career to be with her is a hard pill to swallow. I guess what I’m asking is has anyone else been in a similar situation with a SO? I love this girl and she loves me as well. We have talked about it but never really thought much about the severity of the situation. I don’t want to lose her but its tough to decide what to give on and what not to.

Well that ends my venting....:eek4:

2. [HRT]Squirrel Master

not important enough huh?

3. jbuckle

jbuckle New Member

If she is two hours away would it be possible for yall to stay together in the middle? I know yall would both have to drive two hours each day, but would it be worth it?

4. [HRT]Squirrel Master

Im going to try to live halfway... but if anyone knows oregon... the halfway where we are is like straight wilderness!

5. casull

casull New Member

So this is where ST people come for mature answers :p

I guess just ask yourselves if an hour is a doable commute everyday.
    That, or you could live near the barn and just keep a minimal bachelor [ad in the city to crash a few nights a week... I don't know whether being apart for a couple days a week would be good or bad. Up to you, I guess.

Though I doubt you know me in the first place, I recently left ST (had 1kish posts) for OT. It just sucks these days. :(

6. jennybop

jennybop Guest

I honestly dont think 2hrs. is that bad. Yall can live together in the somewhere in the middle and that will only be an hour drive to work and where i live....thats nothin. If you really wanna make it work then you will figure out something. If there is a will theres a way. Good Luck.

7. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

2 hours is jack shit man, what the drive wears down your nerves? i drive x3 that every day.

8. [HRT]Squirrel Master

the drive is fine... Im just frustrated because i was starting to look for a house for us where I am... becuase she said she wanted to be in the valley... now it just threw everything off... ohh well.

9. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Both of yall will be commuting it sounds like