Ahhh XP Won't Boot!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Apr 25, 2004.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

K, the other day, i was burning a cd, the computer froze, and i had to pull the plug. Tried to start it back up and everything was going until the XP loading screen came up. It loaded for a few seconds...then the computer reboots...and it does this over and over unless you turn the computer off. I did the XP repair thing, i set the bios to defaults, idk what else to do without reformatting....can someone PLEASE help me?? :wtc:

And its Win. XP Pro if that helps, and the computer is about a year old.

2. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Do you have any newly installed hardware or software? That's common to happen when a device gets a bad or corrupted driver.

CM>

4. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

Im pretty sure i havent installed anything in awhile...Any ideas how to fix it?

5. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

Open the case, unplug the CD burner, then reboot your PC. Does it boot up then?

6. Luni420

Luni420 Boost Addict

Is it XP Pro?

Stick the CD in boot to the recovery console. theres syntax in there to force a drive check. It will check the drive, fix the errors. I bet money it fixes your issue. If its Home it should do the same thing.

OR you can put your drive into another computer and have it boot. it shoudl auto force a disk check, if it dont, get into windows and make it check disk.