SRS ahhh new girl...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ruckutopa9, Nov 6, 2005.

1. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

Ok I've seen this girl every now and then and I asked her out like a coupla months ago but she told me to ask the following day when I saw her and I never did heh.. But now I see her and she gave me her AIM after I got her a drink (doing it outta the kindness of my heart, not expecting anything) well a couple of days ago I asked her out to lunch and she said yes and met me to eat, we talked and I got to know her some more. Now the thing is I gave her my # to call me if anything changes about lunch but she never gave me her #, and she does a lot, basically her day runs from 8am to 8pm. So I don't know if I should pursue her or if she's playing hard to get or what...I don't think she's ever had a bf or can have one...shes 21 and I'm 24, but I have other girls (like 4) to try for though heh....What is everyones opinion on what I should do..??/

2. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

it doesn't hurt to try... if it doesn't work out, it doesn't, ya know?

3. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Giving her your number and not getting hers was your mistake. Now you are left wondering what is going on, and are wondering when/if she will call. This is exactly why I advise in my Dating Guide that you should always get HER number, and don't give her yours unless she asks for it.

You might as well get on the ball now and ask the girl out already. You are wasting time.

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Women don't play hard to get if they like you. She's not interested.

Diggity said it all - you gave up all control, like a little boy, by giving her your number. I am pretty sure she lost all respect for you when you did that.

By the way, did you pay for lunch? And it was not a date? If so, you're a sucker. Don't pay the way of any woman with whom you are not intimate.

5. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Well I'm having trouble understanding what you were trying to type. And you need to ignore about 90% of what this diggity character says. Maybe she's busy, maybe she wants to be pursued. Lots of girls get off on that. You really just need to get to know her better before you can tell. Try asking her out a few more times, make sure there's nothing ambiguous about it being a date. I think you really just don't have enough information to make a final choice.

6. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

You're still mad because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Boo hoo. Sorry, I am honest and I don't give people fake advice because they might not want the truth.

7. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

heheh...well I gave my number because I really don't play these games, I gave it cause I just didn't care...her day runs from 8am till 8pm..she occupies her time to feel that she has at least done something...the thing is when I tried to ask her out a few months ago she told me to ask the following class day, so the following class day at the end I was talking to my friend and she was like standing away from me for like a good 10 minutes. I knew she wanted me to ask her out, but I ws like hell no, your not the boss of me heheheh...but either way I'm going to ask her out to dinner tmw...plus she paid when I tried to, only when she ordered for me too I was under the impression that we would pay for ourselves hhehe,she was like "No, you got me a drink.." then I got her another drink later that night because this is a game and I intend to win...hehe

8. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Don't come here asking for advice only to make up excuses or give us reasons why you did something wrong. We don't care. You asked for help and we are trying to help you with what the correct move would be. That's it.
    Plus, these aren't "games", these are things you should be doing to maintain control and self respect. You want to be the person calling the shots because if you aren't then you are at the mercy of the situation and that is not where you want to be. It only makes things harder.

Blowing her off in class the next day was rude. If you didn't want to have her tell you when to ask her out then you should have made your stand at that time telling her that you are not going to play games and that you want your answer now rather than at class tomorrow.

Good luck with dinner tomorrow. Go to have a good time for yourself and meanwhile respect her.

9. Jazzyb

Jazzyb New Member

imo you should go at it your own way, normally always works out the best

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im going along that it wouldn't hurt to try to pursuede a relationship. I would definitly ask her out and try to make the most of it. I wouldn't fall too much over that # thing , that might have been a lost battle but not necessery the loss of the war. I would try to approuch her on different terms, you got her AIM , so you still can flatter her and ask her out.

11. liuman

liuman New Member