GUN Ah the good old police

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Oct 17, 2008.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

So I was out of town for a couple days this week and my girl was home alone. While I was gone I got a call from my girl (at 11 PM), saying that there were several squad cars crawling around the area (including on on street which is just a loop off of the main road) sweeping there spotlight around yards and down drainage ditches. I pulled the initial response of most of WMD, "chamber the 12 ga and check the doors." She had already checked the doors and had the BHP out. So she decides to call the non-emergency number and inquire about what is going on (if she needed to worry about people coming to the door or letting the dog out.) So she calls them and ask what is up, they put her on hold and looked into what was going on. The response was "There is an ongoing investigation and I cannot tell you anything, if you feel unsafe go inside and lock the doors." No emphasis on the going inside and locking the doors at all.

Fast forward a day, 2 things went down. 1) A near by bank was robbed. 2) There was a car cash into an oak tree also nearby, where they suspected vehicular homicide at the and two people fled the scene (probably who they were looking for at night.) The also found gunS in the car. The individual was pronounced dead at the scene, but it wasn't until the next day at the autopsy that they discovered it wasn't vehicular homicide, but that he had been shot. Apparently they say the bullet would was not seen because it was concealed by the victims clothing.

Cliffs: 2 individuals involved it a homicide, probably armed were being searched for by the fuzz. Only information the fuzz give was there is an ongoing investigation and we cannot say anymore.

2. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Police scanner or just see if the department has an active calls list on their website.

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I might put a scanner on the "wish to own" list

I didn't think of active call lists on websites, though I don't know how up to date an item like that would be.

I would have been satisfied by a simple, "there is a potential threat, you may wish to stay inside until the police have left the area." no details given out, but enough information not to take the dog for a night walk or be wrenching on a car in the driveway.

4. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

For our local SO it's instant.

Goes by level of low, mod, high, extremely high lol - then you can see all the supplements and then you know SHTF

5. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

Wait, where in Tally?

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

The wreck was in the 700 block of blairstone (I think)

the search was in Indianhead acres or at least the part we wanted to know about was.

7. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Obviously the cop's fault.

Common practice for dispatch to give out details of ongoing investigations.

8. tusk212

tusk212 New Member

I have a scanner and its really handy to let you know if there is something crazy/dangerous going on in your area.

9. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I thought most of the stuff was encrypted these days?

10. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Nope

11. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Depends.
    Traffic and courthouse channels are usually open, but jail, tac, narc, and SWAT aren't.

12. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

We are going fully encrypted digital channels, I would think bigger departments would be as well.

And unfortunately they really can't give out any more information than that.

13. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I don't want to know that they are looking for 2 fellows who are fleeing on foot from a vehicular homicide, but a there could be an elevated threat in the area, is not details. Or even "IT WOULD BE A GOOD idea for you to stay inside for the time being."

14. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

Oh, that side of town. I was sort of worried, weve had a bunch of armed robberies in my complex.

15. tusk212

tusk212 New Member

Some places are going to digital or trunking systems