SRS Ah Crap!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BadRotation, Oct 29, 2006.

1. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Tonight I was supposed to go out to dinner and a movie, along with a haunted house with this girl that I guess likes me. Unfortunately, I am not sure I have the same feelings for her, since she is a partier.

Well, we were getting ready to leave, something came up where she mentioned it as a date, and being honest, I told her I figured it would just be a friend thing. She got upset and asked 'what is the point of hanging out then' since it was not a date, and basically had a temper tantrum and decided she wanted to stay in tonight.

So I have been sitting here on my butt all night. Kinda sucks, but then again, I am used to it, Since January I have not had a social life since I was working crazy hours. I thought I was starting to become social again, and meet new people now that I have the time, but I am not sure if I even want to bother, it really does not seem worth it. This whole fiasco tonight reminded me how even the simple act of hanging out with a girl can be a total pain in the butt.

It is getting harder and harder to find a decent person. Most people these days just seem to party, drink, and have random sex. I was not really attracted to this girl for precisely that reason, yet I still saw her as a friend. I guess that is over.

I dont know, maybe I am just weird for wanting a decent lady friend. It really does not seem as though there are any out there; at least I have not met one yet. Maybe I am just too picky wanting someone who doesn't party, do drugs or drink (except occasionally).

Anyway, I am sorry for rambling. This has been a really bad night.

2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I am inclined to suggest that when you are single you treat everything as a date.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

What age was she? How did you meet? What age are you?

Yes, it seems to be the trend these days for college girls to be all about partying...which to me, seems to be all about getting drunk. I don't see how it is fun, but hey, that's just me.

I would suggest looking elsewhere for women, looking for older women, or just finding out about the girl somewhat before doing anything. Also, if you don't see it going anywhere, make it clear early.

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You should go out anyway, even though you're alone. That's when you're both out of your house AND alone that you meet new people, no ? It's also gonna be easier to ask someone to come with you instead of saying "let's make plans and go have a movie-dinner all by ourself" (which usually means "a date" in the common language).

5. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

I am going on 24, she is 22.

I made it clear early, and did not lead her on at all. I guess she was just crazy about me for some weird reason (first time that has ever happened).

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Every girl wants a future (commitment)

So yeah she is right about asking you 'what is the use'?

It seems to me that you can't get out of your life what you want. I think you need to seperate how facts are in reality , what you want does not always reflect how reality is.

She wants you with all her heart, are you ready for a relationship? Do you want her in your life? There has to be feelings from your side too you know. Otherwhise what you two have is pretty much meaningless.

Clearly you dont love her, your only with her because her actions have led you to be with her, not because you activly chose to be with her.

The signs are that this is heading to a break-up ,unless you can devellop feelings of love for her.