SRS Age

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pringles, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I started college a while back. I'm a freshmen and the opportunity to meet new people is so crazy. I've been doing it as much and as often as possible. But recently I came to a class with different ages. I was talking with this decent chick in the start and then came a time later in the period where I told her I was a freshmen and she was a sophmore and she wasnt completely turned off by this. Out of curiousity should I start lieing about my age? Is this common? Do females really need to be younger than the male? I guess I'm new to this idea as I've went through highschool always talking to chicks in my grade and shit. Now there are so many different people age doesnt bother me, but does it bother the females?

Thanks,

Pringles

2. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

Your maturity dictates whether your age matters or not.

Don't lie...that would dictate your age...

get it?

3. johan

johan Active Member

Why do you bring up your age? I'm not saying to lie, that generally is the province of doofuses, but what's the point in bringing it up?

Does she actually straight out ask you your age? I can't ever remember being asked that when I was in school. At least not in a personal, non-school related, just-met-you context

And anyways if she was so completely turned off only because you were 1 year younger than her...personally my opinion on that would be: BAH WHO NEEDS HER.

4. Low

Low New Member

Agreed.

5. Ronald McFondle

Ronald McFondle Hey gook, just listen

agreed
    no reason to lie about your age...one year is not a big deal at all

6. Pringles

Pringles New Member

ya I wasn't really worried at all. I was just curious as to how it's normally played as I havent been in this situation before. I have no intentions of lieing, but this happened to be one case where it seemed to matter. THe age came up because it was a class discuession where you told the group your age/major/living space. Thanks for your thoughts tho.

7. Memor

Memor Active Member

Like someone else said, your maturity dictates your age in the end.

I'd advise against lying about ages, since if you find something special and things take off, then you end up with your foot in your mouth and an explanation speech. When I was 17 I dated a 20 year old girl who for a month thought I was 21, and after weeks of stressing about coming clean and dreading the response, all I got was a silly laugh from her and "you should've just said it from the beginning, I could really care less - it's how you carry yourself that matters, not a number." I felt silly, but put at ease, and it was very reassuring. So keep it in mind.

8. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

age vs. class rank/status.

what nobody thought about here, cause they were too fixated on this kids' thoughts about whether or not he was older than a potential female friend, is that this sophmore could very easily be younger still due to being an advanced intellect.

she could also be a 3rd year sophmore.

the issue of freshman vs. later years comes up, in part due to the perception of one's maturity at each 'typical' stage.

if you are a first year freshman, then there are many things on campus that you have yet to learn... the people around you will make inferences, and even decisions based upon that simple statement.

it's human nature. they will do similar inferences based on simple things beyond your control, such as your accent, your height, and even the way you dress, and body posture.

bottom line, it's not worth the effort to lie about the age/rank/status.