GUN Age requirement for CCW

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by My Dixie Wrecked, Jan 26, 2005.

1. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

I live in Missouri where the min. age is 23. I was planning on getting a Utah permit due to their min. age being 21 (I'm 21) and county restricions here in MO. I was asking around about local Utah CCW courses and was told since the age limit for MO is 23, then so are all other out of state permits used for MO residents. I tried looking on packing.org for info but couldn't find it. My friend, who is also 21, who first told me about the Utah CCW, price for the class, processing fees, fingerprinting cost and whatnot. He took the class for Utah about a month or two ago and he hasn't said anything to me yet about the age difference not premitting him to be qualified. Anyone know where I can find this article on packing.org or somewhere else that explains it?

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

21 in Texas...

3. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Trying to circumvent your own state laws doesn't really seem like a good idea to me :dunno:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

anyone that feels *THIS* strongly about carrying a weapon in a concealed manner probably isn't a good candidate for carrying on the human race, if you get my drift.

5. My Dixie Wrecked

What's wrong with me wanting to protect myself and those around me I care about?

The reason I ask is because the Missouri permit doesn't allow those with it to carry in 3 counties in Missouri. The people in those counties have been getting UT and FL permits to get around this, allowing them to carry in those 3 counties. Doesn't make sense to me if you can do that but not be able to conceal carry until you're 23. :dunno:

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

if you feel so insecure as to want a ccw for protection then I feel bad for where you live.

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

He wants a permit and you don't. Let him get his CCW and don't be so closed minded. Now that I mess with guns I encounter more and more people who do carry guns on them or in their vehicles. With more people carrying, it probably will make more guys think twice about robbing people.

I want a CCW because I can get one. I've already seen one gun fired in public... ermm... make that two now... I will probably rarely carry the weapon on me but will have it in my vehicle mostly, which is legal in my state w/o a CCW but I just want the CCW anyway.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

okay, fine, but then wait until it's *legal*

If you are so anxious to carry a gun before your state has deemed it legal and appropriate, then I am seriously concerned with your decision-making abilities.

9. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

2 guns fired in public? one i can understand, but 2? jesus someone must have been an idiot to shoot it off.

i plan on getting a CCW just to have it. i'm in shitty neighborhoods often, drive on the interstate long distances often, and sometimes just out in the middle of nowhere where i'd like a little more safety. i try not to have less than $100 on me at all times, but i ALWAYS have $50 on me. i always try to dress well and i'm not exactly a big person so i fit the profile of a strong-arm victim. i like the idea of having added security when i need it so i plan on getting one.

10. My Dixie Wrecked

Why should I wait for something to happen before I start to protect myself? I'd rather have my gun and not need to use it than not have my gun and need to use it. If I have to wait until I'm 23 and *legal*, fine I will. But if I can get my CCW now, why wait?

BTW according to packing.org, other than the no carry states and a few that didn't list the age requirement, MO an NM are the only states that don't have an age requirement of 18 or 21, MO is 23 and NM is 25.

And if you're not going to help with answering my question :gtfo:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  11. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

So he can't carry a gun until he's 23 because of his state's fucked up laws. He still wants to be able to protect himself. His problem is not his decision-making ability but rather his location. If he lived in Indiana it's 18 with no training requirement.

Do you even own a gun?

Do you carry every day?

Why should we listen to your opinion on this topic?

ps. You're an asshat.

12. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

21 in PA, no training or qual required, just a background check and $30

13. My Dixie Wrecked

That'd be nice. Missourians used to be able to get non-resident through PA for I think $10 until too many people bitched about it.

14. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Yes. Glock 30
    No.
    same reason that anyone should (not) listen to you.

Gee, thanks?!? As I said before, if you want to live there, then you should feel safe. If you don't feel safe, then don't live there.

Carrying a gun will not solve either of these problems.

15. My Dixie Wrecked

According to Common Knowledge website, I live in the 21st safest city in the country. Not too long ago, a coworker was robbed at knifepoint in the parking lot. But I also live close to Kansas City, which isn't the safest place. A good buddy of mine, who lives in the city I do, has been robbed 3 times in KC. So if you can tell me where I can live to be 100% safe, let me know.

16. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

yay i grew up in the 8th most dangerous and frequently visit there.

smells like CCW permit time for me.

17. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

Watch out, heres the liberal squad.

18. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

most people don't think a ccw is worthwhile until they either experience crime firsthand, or someone close to them does. I had to deal with it on a daily basis and that's one of the reasons that I and the majority of the beat cops support CCW. The majority of CCW instructors are LEOs as well.

P.S. those "safer" places don't exist. Criminals see those areas as a better target simply because they are less likely to run across police and armed citizens due to a false sense of security.

19. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i live just outside number 3 on the dangerous list. i carry every day, everywhere, even though violent crime is relatively low in my area.

20. My Dixie Wrecked

Good news, well at least for me. I talked to my buddy, who's 21, at work and he got his CCW :bigthumb: But his dog ate it yesterday

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005