Age of consent

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cobramadness, Nov 5, 2005.

1. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

Ok so I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile now. I had planned to just walk up to a cop and ask him/her but haven't gotten the opportunity. Then I thought to ask here.

The age of consent for my state is 16. Does that only mean that teens are allowed to begin having sex at the age of 16 or does it mean that once you are 16 you are free to have sex with who you want? (ie over 18).

So...

17 fucking 17 yo = legal
    17 fucking 20 yo = legal?

2. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

supposedly in florida, 16 + under 21 = legal, anything over 21 +18 = legal.
    anything over 21 + 16,17 = jailtime

3. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

My buddy did some research because he was porking a HS girl when he was 22 going on 23.

From what he found out here in FL 16 and 17 could have sex with guys up to four yrs older than them. However, the could also have sex with guys up to the age of 24 with parent's consent. But in FL, the parents consent is assumed unless the parents specificaly state otherwise.

Thats what he told me tho, I never bothered to research it myself. Im more into woman that I am into girls, so I have no need to know the age of consent.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

5. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

That's how it is in a lot of states. Once you're of consenting age there's usually a limit (3-4yrs older) on the age of your partners until you are 18 or 21 (I think it's usually 18); so once you are 18/21 then you can consent to sex with a partner that's as old as you want. Here's an example for NY based on your age:

Younger than 17: can have sex with other's who are under 17 (as in no penalties for it)

17: can have sex with people up to 4yrs older than you
    having sex with anyone under 17 is statutory rape

18: can have sex with anyone who's 17+

22: can't have sex wit 17yo, but can have sex with anyone 18+

Obviously these vary based on circumstances, especially with those under 17yo; as in they certainly can't get away with harmful behavior. I'm not sure on parental consent laws..didn't thnk there were any. I know there are marriage laws saying 16-17 need parental consent for marriage & 18+ don't.

6. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

I'm 20 so it looks like I can legally have sex with a 17 year old. Not that it would stop me, just wondering what the law was.

Thanks guys.

7. purplebeast

I think the important issue is why would u want to? A 18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25 yr old girl has a body just as nice as a 16 or 17 yr old girl. And a heck of a better mind to go along with it.

Are you intimidated by woman and prefer girls? Or is is just easier to be the cool older guy in the eyes of a HS girl than it is to be a cool guy with ur own peers?

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

i never understood this.... why cant college guys date college girls....why dip into hs and deal with all the bs? the maturity difference should be reason enough to stay away....

9. purplebeast

Because they are lame. My old HS buddy still hollers at HS girls, We are both 23.

I shot the shit for a bit when I ran into him at the mall and he is doing the same shit we were doing 6 yrs ago. He lives at home, , works part time at KFC, smokes weed like crazy and takes the bus to go out. He dresses, talks and acts like a teen. What on earth would he have to offer to a woman? He has too hook up w/ young chicks because the older ones realize what a loser he is.

A 16yr old girl will think ur the coolest just cuz u can buy beer. It takes a bit more than that to impress a woman.At least thats the way I look at it. The only reason an older guy preys on younger girls, is because he cant measure up to what his peers expect and want in a SO.

10. quamen

quamen New Member

there is a page on the net that gives the age of consent. Every state is different and from what i remember reading, some states are as low as 15 or 14. Also it all depends on how much older the guy is, also if it is a bi relationship or not the age changes. i would do a search for age of consent and see what u come up with.

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I already posted it above;)

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I disagree, many women who have great bodies at 16 have "lost it" by 24 or so.

A lot can happen in 8 years.

I'm with ya overall though, and I personally won't go below 18 and prefer that they be 21.

13. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

their bodies are not the same. who are you kidding?

14. purplebeast

They may not be exactly as tight. But I still find them very nice if not nicer. Something about experience that adds an extra something that more than makes up for it.