Age of Conan. Class discussion.

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Netwit, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Netwit

Netwit Pass the Kerbango

I just picked the game up.

I used to play a Warlock in WoW but was looking at either the HoX or a DT. Can't decide.

Experiences? Notes? Sad stories?

Are there a ton of DT's running around?

2. Jcxzero

Jcxzero OT Supporter

3. Netwit

Netwit Pass the Kerbango

4. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Then why put it here when this thread should clearly go into the Online Adventures section, not in the main gaming forum.

5. Boltzz

Boltzz New Member

Don't play melee unless you want to get owned in all PvP battles.

6. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

don't bother installing the game. you're paying to beta test it. unless funcom pulls something magical out of their ass, the game is dead very soon. mark my word.

7. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

stfu go-bot, this game is fucking great. it's an MMO in the first few months of release, what the fuck did you think was going to happen? go back to WoW

8. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

That being said, I like HoX. I can take out four dudes two levels higher than me at once. Big ass sword, AoE like a motherfucker, but about as durable as a glass ... I dunno, whatever's glass and really fragile because I get my ass OWNED sometimes.

9. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

pussy hurt fanboi.

i've played enough MMO's to know which ones will have a bright future. this is not one of them. yes, it has great potential, but so did shadowbane and anarchy online (another funcom game), but as of right now it won't last. i bet within 3-6 months you won't be playing this game any longer:fawk:. funcom is a shitty ass company. christ they can't even fix the 10k ping problems alot of people are having for over a week now. and they don't respond on the forums or keep anyone updated on progress.

10. wallydog11

wallydog11 New Member

fuck, what other MMO game has been released and the stats on items DONT FUCKING WORK!!:ugh:

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Hating on people that enjoy a game you don't enjoy is as sad as OT can get basically. WoWs launch was more of an epic failure then AoCs and look where they are now.

They've been rolling out consistently with fixes for the games, god forbid they don't magically know the problems you are specifically having and fix them.

I think you need to get some hobbies that aren't on your computer.

I'm playing the assassin, which is fun for PvE, though a pain in the ass for PvP the higher level I get. Though once a lot of the stuff is fixed PvP should be fun again (it was great at lower levels though)

12. niners

niners OT Supporter

if you enjoyed lock in WoW you'd like demo or necro. HoX are dps monsters but major glass cannons, DT are kinda meh atm but still decent.

im playing a ToS and probably going to make a guardian alt.

13. niners

niners OT Supporter

qft wow's release was a travesty. for some of us who actually enjoy AoC, it's not about where it's going to be at x years from now since we're not all seers who can see the future. i enjoy the game now, even with its bugs, and i enjoy the pvp. they're releasing patches several times a week and fixing/tweaking bugs, after having dealt with wow release i can say im happy with what they're doing right now. shit, the game is only in its first 3 weeks of release.

a good percentage of people talking shit about AoC vs WoW probably only started playing WoW after TBC or slightly before, be glad you didn't have to deal with what WoW considered "end game" at one time and all the bugs and imbalances back then.

14. poin

poin OT Supporter

People love making comments before they hit 80.

15. niners

niners OT Supporter

word, all i see is omg im lvl 37 and this game is so boring omgomg

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

WTF. I am enjoying the game. But if getting to level 80 is boring to someone it is boring to someone. That is a big freaking chunk of boredom to overcome to see what the endgame is like.

You losers care way to much what other people think about the game.

17. Shingmaster

Shingmaster omgOTbangaz4life

I was a lock in WoW and rolled a DT... I stopped playing AoC already, I just havent had the urge to play it, i'm probably going back to WoW to level my druid up for wotlk

18. niners

niners OT Supporter

faulty logic, really. what mmo doesn't require level grinding? to those who say leveling is boring and they're going back to eq2/wow/ffxi, they're simply going back to something they're more comfortable with and unwilling to give the game a chance. leveling in wow is mind numbingly boring as well, but it has a much larger bandwagon due to being around longer and caters to the casual crowd.

i can respect the fact the game just may not be for some people; no pink and purple armor with huge shoulders just don't do it for some. so leave, go play another game and don't whine about it. but if people are gonna start talking about how op a class is at lvl 50 and say they're quitting the game because there's no balance, then that's just retarded. similarly, if someone finds leveling boring and a chore, then hey, don't pick up an mmo again since all mmo's are based off of leveling and grinding.

also, i was commenting in response to how people love making comments before they hit 80. if you don't want to hit 80, by all means, that's your choice - but don't pretend to know all the game has to offer without doing so.

you also seem to not care at all about what people think about the game either based on this thread, glad you can maintain such aloofness and not have to defend funcom. btw; two, to, too. i know they all sound the same, but there are differences.

19. Jcxzero

Jcxzero OT Supporter

MMOs never were, and never should be about the end game only. If the levelling process can't be fun, then the game is not fun.

20. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

21. Geiger

Geiger New Member

:dunno: there are 2 camps, the people who believe the game is the 1-80 leveling, and those who believe that the game starts at 80. neither camp is willing to concede so everyone just has to agree to disagree.

my 2 cents is that you go through the boring monotonous grind to max level in order to begin to enjoy the game. i dont think ive played an mmo that was "fun" while leveling up, mainly cause there is always someone higher level than you, able to stomp all over you and the playing field isnt level till you are max level

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Or both are fun or boring. I stop playing if it is boring. I enjoy the leveling of AoC (the PvP has a lot to do with it). And if I see endgame hopefully I'll enjoy that to, if I don't then I won't play it.

What the fuck is the point of playing a game if you don't enjoy it?

23. niners

niners OT Supporter

i enjoy games not because it has an awesome leveling system or some super sweet dragon/demon i hope to kill some day. i play games because of their dynamics and the mystery that comes with each new game.

i got tired of wow because i knew every class like the back of my hand, and had leveled 2 full s3 characters. there was no mystery left to the game and therefore it became boring. arena comps all had a certain strategy to beat them, nothing was unknown anymore.

short of leveling with an SO or a close group of friends, leveling will always be boring in an mmo simply because thats the only system in place. go here, kill mobs, kill boss, loot certain items, bring back, receive xp. however, it's the pvp dynamic across different games that interests me and the reason ill play if i see a high ceiling for skill capping.

24. poin

poin OT Supporter

I'm on second side. Means to an end.

25. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

I'm an assassin and they are beyond broken. Issues are still there that were known from the beginning of beta and still not fixed. I've given up on that game. It needed another year of development at least. I'll come back in a few months and see if they have gotten their shit together otherwise I'm done for good.