SRS Age difference? (anonymous thread)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

In the past 2 weeks, I've been talking to a girl who i've know for about a year. She is young, 17 in august, I'll be 19 in early may. All we do is text, most of the time, but she is already starting to tell me that she likes me and she wants to do "other" things with me :hsugh::noes:

We've hung out a couple times before, been to the beach, held each other hands, nothing important. I guess you could say that I do enjoy her company, we just talk, eat and :420: together. My question is what do I do about this situation? Do I just tell her we're sticktly friends? :dunno:

2. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Its what you want to do. Thats not such a big age difference. Im 19, and my gf just turned 18. I dont see anything wrong...

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I dont understand the question....Do you like the girl or not? If you like her than fucking date her and stop giving her mixed signals. If you only want to be friends with her because of a 2 year age difference than tell her so and move on.

4. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

I have one friend who is 21 her bf is 35, another friend who is 18 her bf is 23, I was 22 and had a short fling with a 26 year old girl.

it is all in how you look at it. when poeple see a 17 year old with a 20 year old they cringe, but a 21 year old with a 24 year old. they think nothing of it.

My mother is married to someone who is 6 years older then her.

you being 19 her 17, not a big difference. I see nothing wrong with it.

5. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

If you like her, do something about it, if not, stop leading her on. 2 years is really nothing (coming from someone who dated a guy 14 years older)..

6. Darketernal

Well the question really is that should I do anything with her? We have been talking sexually and she wants to act upon whats shes been telling me. I kinda like her? To be honest she isnt my type, almost too dumb? There are things I do and dont like about her, but I have more dislikes. She calls us "friends that are exclusive with benefits that like each other" :confused: We havent done anything more than hold hands. Stage 5 clinger?

7. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

There is no legal issue here. The only issue is whether you'd like to be involved romantically or not.

8. M.E.

M.E. New Member

:rofl: 17 and 19!?!?!?

at 19 if they are atleast in highschool its fair game.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

If you don't really like her and you know that she wants an actual relationship with her than DON'T DO IT. You will only be leading her on. Now if you put it out there that all you want is a sexual relationship and she agrees that is ok, then it is fair game.

10. OccamvanRijn

OccamvanRijn I am not what I am

Meh, I think her signaling with the whole "friends that are exclusive with benefits that like each other" thing indicates she's in this for dating. I doubt she's going to be content with just a sexual relationship, and that could be leading her on even more than dating her. If you're not interested in this one, it might be best not to do anything sexual with her.

11. jonno

jonno New Member

dude it's 2 years. if age is the only thing you don't like about this girl then go for it. but it sounds like you're not really that into her.

12. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

thats not bad at all as long as you dont see it as a problem (immaturity or anything) - and it becomes even less of an issue the older you get IMO (like a 26 and 28 year old for example?)

13. daaarn

daaarn New Member

sounds like you just don't like her in that way. if that's the case, just tell her so and move on. no use in stringing her along if you're not going to do anything

14. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

Clearly, there is a distinct scientific principle, indeed, a universal law, that says 2 full earth revolutions around the sun hereby pronouncing forbiddence and banning of speaking to - and copulation with- a human female who's heart has been successfully beating out of her own control for 6570 earth rotational days.

15. Handsom3

Handsom3 Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't

I started dating my g/f when she was 17 and I was 19. We've been together for almost two years now. Sometimes there is a bit of maturity difference sometimes, but besides that everything else is kosher. The only thing I would warn you about is that if you do get close and have really strong feelings about her it can be a bitch if she moves away to college. I got lucky and she ended up staying home and going to school here.

16. Amadeus

Amadeus Women Love Saying To Me, "Rock Me Amadeus!"

Yipes! Atleast wait until she is of age. It is guaranteed that you will get into trouble if you don't. When you get into a fight, they always slam you with a statutory rape charge to get even. :eek4:

17. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

I don't think she'd scream rape.

This girl is hanging out with him because he's older and most likely gives her free pot. Therefor, she is obsessed with his "cool" factor. If you want to sleep with her, you won't get in trouble, but this girl won't be a real winner in the relationship department. So I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. :dunno:

18. curious_jane

curious_jane New Member

Age doesnt count for much if anything at all. Most of my friends (and lovers) have been older than me by at least 2 years, and up to almost 20, and I like it better that way. Its the maturity level that counts here. period.

It seems like you've pretty much already made up your mind about her already. but a) why are you even hanging out with someone you feel more dislike for than actually like? and b) from the information given, it comes off as though you are leading her on to believe that you have feelings for her that you do not really have, so can you really blame her for thinking you guys had a shot?

if this is all simply curiousity or youre just real horny then fuck her and move on. theres no need to make it into more than it is.

if you truly care about her as a friend or even just respect her as a person, then you need to be honest with her and tell her how you feel. its not productive for either of you to continue in this big lie of a relationship.

19. Darketernal

It's mildy complicated because I do feel myself liking her and its nice when we have fun. Most of the time, its just really awkward. She just sits there and makes it awkward.
    I've asked her why she was like that, compared to her texts that she sends me. Then she said "She's confused on what you want(what I want)" and I explained that I was just looking for someone to hangout with, kill time
    enjoy each other time with, and of course sex. She didn't seem to mind. Same night, we ended up getting lost to the movies, so we pulled over and smoked a bowl, then went to a local park and we just
    made out and groped each other. I'm starting to like more things about her, but she still has those major turnoffs for me, I like the time we spend together, whenever its NOT awkward. And about the whole age thing, I was worried about the whole rape thing as well, but I think im already over that. No, she doesn't hangout with me for free weed, or the cool factor, thats just not me. You guys keep telling me that im leading her on, but i've explained numerous times what Im looking for; Not a girlfriend. I don't know if a relationship could stem out, you never know. I hangout with her because its good to get out of the house, its fun to do different things and shes down to do it with me. We have fun, but not much of it. Im thinking of sticking around and letting her put her comfort level down so she isn't so awkward and boring around me, we'll see.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

my parents are 30 years apart

21. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

if its wat u want then why not
    EDIT: ok damn re reading ur 2nd post it sounds like ur not really all that into it if this is the case break it off NOW not 2moro not the next day like right away no need to lead her on