After using DACP incorrectly....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

after i applied DACP and buffed to early, i finally got to see the panel in bright sunlight, lets just say the swirl marks there are now 10 times worse. If I use the DACP correctly this time, will it get rid of the swirl marks it added? DACP i just gotta keeep on rubbing as hard as i can for a while until i cant really see it in the paint anymore right?

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yes, it should remove the swirls that you added. Also remember that you can't just use the DAC/P by itself, you should follow with Swirl Free Polish and another light polish (Final Polish, Vanilla Moose, Megiuar's #7).

I wouldn't rub "as hard as you can," just some nice, even pressure until the polish is almost clear and dry. Remember to use a folded terry cloth towel.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Like EMT said, you need to work it with a firm even pressure until it looks nearly clear and dry for it to work properly. Use a terry cloth towel in the manner suggested in the swirl removal sticky--a foam hand pad doesn't have the additional cutting power that terry cloth has (and for some reason, the extra 'oomph' the cloth gives makes a major difference), nor can you apply pressure evenly enough.

4. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Assuming you're doing this by hand, err, it's going to be pretty difficult to get good results by hand with DACP. It's possible, maybe you should try it on somebody elses car. Bwaha.

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:ugh:

:slap:

Sure using a PC will be easier, but you can do it by hand. Scott doesn't even own a PC, and neither do I (although I want to get one :hs: )

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No, DAC/P works just fine by hand if you follow the instructions posted in this forum time and time again.

7. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

would mf work in applying them?

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No, you would use a terrycloth towel folded into 8ths.

9. Scottwax

Correct. For applying polish or paint cleaners by hand, microfiber is actually too soft to work right. The deep nap and slightly rougher texture of terry cloth adds some 'bite' to the product and makes it work better I've had several people on Autopia tell me that they tried it using my method and were amazed at how well it worked.

10. Tobal

Tobal Guest

Scott, so would you reconmend using a Terry bonnet over a Yellow Pad from Properautocare with DACP to remove swirls with a PC?

11. Scottwax

No, stick with the proper foam pad. The only reason you use terry cloth towels by hand is because no matter how good shape you are in, you still cannot work the paint as quickly as a machine, so you need a slightly more abrasive method to work the product into the paint.