After playing around with an iPod Video for a day

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mucky, Oct 26, 2005.

1. mucky

mucky .

I want one now. I know, i know....:wtc:

Watching Batman Begin and Chappelle Show on it is :cool:.

2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

It plays any video file?

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Video files have to be converted to a certain format to be played on it.

IMO, it's nice that they're thinner than the last gen Ipods, but who wants to watch video/movies on such a small screen?

4. Supadoggie

Supadoggie I ♥ my doggah

I was playing with it in the apple store..

compared to what I'm using now (PSP) to play vid's it's not that bad.. granted the PSP screen is twice as big...

the 30/60gb hard drive is not bad.. my PSP i only have 1 GB.. :hs:

but for that price you can go buy one of those portable media players that have a bigger screen...

EDIT: while i was doing some research i came across this http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/psp/psp-vs-ipod-video-video-comparison-001968.php

5. Alerin

Alerin Ruiner

I used a batch converter to convert all of my TV episodes to .mp4 files for use with my 60gig 5g. I'm in college right now with roommates and every night when I lay down in bed, I can watch whatever I want for as long as I want without disturbing anybody. That alone is worth it for me. Not to mention the fact that when I'm in the gym on easy cardio days riding the bike or doing eliptical training, I can watch a couple epidoes or part of a movie to help pass the time. The screen quality is better than a lot of people assume. Every time I show the video feature to somebody that hasn't seen it yet I get a very positive reaction. The video feature isn't practical for everybody, but it suites me well. Not to mention the fact that the 5g is the cheapest gig/$ ipod you can buy now anyways.

For those who are wondering, I'm guessing that I could watch between 2-2.5 hours worth of video/episodes on my 60gig 5g. I've never killed the batter yet so I don't have an exact number. The larger battery and cheap gig/$ capacity of the 60 gig 5g is well worth paying the extra money for.

6. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

That link is a bit pointless, since both play .mp4 files if you use the same resolution, initial file and conversion program the end file sizes should be identical.