SRS After last night, Im ashamed of being the son of my father, Im very ashamed!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Sep 9, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

So just a quick recap, my grandpa passed away from my mothers side of the family exactly a week ago. Dad has never gotten a long with his father in law, but instead of being mature and respectful about it, hes choosing to act like a little 12yr old dipshit that needs some obediance school. We all know he never liked his father in law, but good fuckin lord show some fuckin respect towards your wife and her side of the family. :ugh: And right now, hes really pissed me off, I cant take his shit anymore. Frankly, as Im about to leave the house for the funeral after I post this, I want nothing, thats right NOTHING to do with him for the next little while. Im ashamed, embarassed to even be known as his son.

Last night, everyone got together at the funeral home to just prepare for today. The children did what they had to do, whether its any spiritual stuff, whatever. Dad really should have stayed home, because you are making our entire family look like a rotten piece of scum. :fawk: He embarassed me tonight. I have never seen such childish, rude behaviour ever, not even by kids!

So it was a night I just wanted to end. Not only was it bad enough sitting there for 4hrs staring at flowers, while people cry, I had a stomach ache to boot and wasnt feeling well. Then I felt like a fuckin babysitter for my fuckin dad :rolleyes:

So now that dad had to take 2 days off work for the funeral, and so on and so on...hes being a total bitch and giving everyone attitude :ugh2::rolleyes: Last night I was this close, THIS CLOSE to telling him to just beat it and stay the fuck home...dont come because you making us look bad. I was so tempted, blowing up in his face.

So in the funeral home, dad's phone ended up going off as everyone is sitting and the room is silent. Great dad :rolleyes: I told him to turn the fuckin thing off before going in. (Oh wait, that was pointless since hes too bloody stupid to even know how to turn his cell phone off:ugh: he still doesnt even know how to fuckin dial!) And what does he do? Takes the call right inside the funeral room, how rude! He had to be told by my sister for him to leave! I couldnt fuckin believe what I just saw! :o As he got back, he got really impatient, kept staring at his watch and asked my mom when shes done :ugh:

So 5mins later he takes off somewhere, and next thing you know my mother taps me on the shoulder "asking me to excuse myself to go tell dad to STFU and stop laughing!!!" Its bad enough hes talking on the phone just out in the hall, let alone being so loud about it! Do you know how embarassing it was, with mom telling his son to go tell dad to well...pretty much smarten the fuck up? And you can bet everyone knew what was going on :o His laughing voice was rippling through the big sized room. :ugh:I would have done it on my own, but my mom picked up on it first and she was FUCKIN PISSED - with every right to be. So here I am excusing myself from about 60 other people who are crying, to go tell dad to STFU!!! I did not want to be seen, how embarassing!!!:o

So I go tell dad to STFU, and I was pretty upset about it. I dont think he took it all that seriously (like always, hes retarded), but he ended up going back to the car and talk to whomever he was talking to. :o Obviously to him, the call was more important than being around family who are grieving over a loss of a family member. I noticed how he kept constantly walking in and out of the room to see if we were done. Finally, about 2.5 hrs later as everyone was finishing up he walks in. :o How upsetting is this?

And throughout the whole night, he was bitching about something. :ugh:He kept giving my mom attitude and was picking arguements and raising his voice. God he was annoying the hell out of me, mom doesnt deserve this fuckin treatment. I dont care what you think of her father, show some fuckin respect! Out of your own morals!

And last night wasnt even the funeral! The real stuff is in a few hours from now :wtc:Oh boy, Im not looking forward to it. I wish I could tell dad, just stay home. We got breakfast at grandmas tommorow first thing, then funeral, cementary, lunch, home to change thenm dinner. I will be dead tired. [​IMG]

So im off for now, I will update when I get the chance.:wtc:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Wouldn't worry too much about it, now that its over , the 12 year old in him will dissapear too. Besides you = not your dad. So your not responsible for his actions, i know it can be quite upsetting and your look on your dad is downgraded. But now the funeral is over it will be better in terms of behaviour for your dad. :sad2: yeah, its not nice to be embarrased, best thing is to forgive your dad and put sand over it,trying to improve relationship and not to talk to your grandpa to your dad, only talk about it with your mom since your dad shut the door for him.

3. ReneGade RG

ReneGade RG New Member

You're too polite. You can smack him. :bigthumb:

Father or not, he's a retard, and furthermore, a fellow human being who you can speak to yourself. So... use the opportunity to kick him in the nuts or tell him to shut the fuck up.

4. big 1

big 1 New Member

i dont blame you for being upset, but i dont think its your job to tell your dad off. Speak to your mom about it and make sure she confronts him. It doesnt seem like youre the only one who was upset about his behavior, but the right person to confrn thim should be your mom. Your parents are probably going through a tough time right now; losing a parent is stressful for any marriage.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Your dad's actions indicate that he really may not have liked his father-in-law. You don't know everything that transpired between them and the deceased may have caused a LOT of pain in your fathers life.

However, he can still show some decency and respect for the other people that are grieving. Perhaps you should sit down with him and tell him how his actions affected you. You don't have to say that you are embarrassed to be is son, but you can can express your displeasure with his actions. It's likely he is not even aware that his actions bother anyone and may change his behavior if he knows this. He could also be extraordinarily selfish and tell you to shove it.

We are all human and we all make mistakes, even at funerals and at inappropriate times. I'm known for laughing loudly at funerals sometimes. It's not because I'm trying to be disrespectful to the other people in the funeral or that I'm not fully grasping the gravity of the situation. Not at all. I've spent a lot of time reflecting on why this has happened and it's because A) I see things differently them many of my friends/family do and B) I like to celebrate life, not mourn death.

When I say I see things differently I mean: I believe that there is life after death and eventhough my loved ones body is still here, their spirit (the things that made them who they were) have gone somewhere else. Therefore the body is just an empty shell that used to hold the person I loved. I fully believe that person is still alive, they have just changed form (into a form that I can't see).

So the whole idea of really being racked with sadness at their death is kind of strange to me. My emotions regarding someones death has more to do with me missing them in the form I used to know them. That's why I choose to look at the good in their lives and try to celebrate their lives rather then whail at their passing.

I also believe the life after death is a better life then this one and I try to be happy for the departed. I'm happy that they get to experience that life and they are no longer bound to this world. So....sometimes I laugh when others are crying. I doesn't have anything to do with being disrespectful but I realize that others may view it as disrespectful...so I try to minimize it.

However, we are all entitled to our emotions!! Someone's grief is no more valid of an emotion them my happiness. In fact, they are both equally important. I have found many people don't believe this and IMO that is also a selfish idea.

In many cultures, deaths are times for celebration, not crying. They really do throw parties, dance and celebrate the passing of a loved one. I would hope my family is able to celebrate my life then mourn my passing.

6. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

hmmm....your father was being very immature.

sometimes you just have to tell family to STFU..I've done it plenty of times :dunno:

sucks that it had to happen under the circumstances :hug:

7. uptown josh

uptown josh Active Member

He was on the phone? And kept checking when yall were leaving. He obviously had somewhere to be... Could he be on drugs?

8. JakobwithaK

:ugh:Well im back home for a bit just to change as we are heading to dinner tonight. Im so exchausted right now, i cant even think properly....been up for 33hrs straight now :wtc:

I will reply to these later or tommorow when im more alive.

Its been a long and stressful day with the funeral and all. God my family is way too spiritual. The funeral was NOT planned out well at all, limo driver was late, the pastor (or whatever you call them who run the funeral service) was late, OMG. It took twice as long as it should have due to people not being able to make decisions on how they wanna run the show. I thought I was going to lose my mind.

And too much bloody driving around, good lord ....grandmas, funeral home, grandmas, cemetary, grandmas, lunch, OH MY GOD!!! Then I got one sister barking at me for every word that comes out of my mouth. Bitch about this, bitch about that. Then I got another sister giving me attitude for no reason :ugh::rolleyes:. I just wanted the day to end.:wtc:

Nothing worse than standing in the scortching +30C sun in a black suit for 1hr barrying the casket. :wtc: The speeches were too damn long, everything was in like 3 languages, good fuckin lord

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: Big Hugs.

10. ReneGade RG

ReneGade RG New Member

Ever heard of painkillers? Or anti-depressants?

:) - Don't mean it, just lightening you up.

11. Jefferson

Jefferson Active Member

thats why i don't go to funerals and you're dad just shouldn't have went in the first place

12. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. That is pretty pathetic behavior for anyone to display, especially at a funeral, and once you're calmed down and level headed I'd recommend sitting down with him and just ask him why he displayed such actions at a funeral. You dont need to criticize him for what he did, or anything else, just ask why he acted that way.

Also, I maybe off base here, but your first post makes it sound like maybe theres some bad blood between you and your dad in general, and this is that breaking point, might want to just sit down and talk once in a while and not be afraid to question his actions.

13. JakobwithaK

This weekend was just too fuckin much.

Really it should have been kept simple, but not surprising coming from my family they always have to complicate every single thing.:rolleyes:

I had to see the ext. family again tonight. I went to bed last night like a 1am, thinking...oh finally weekend over. All this bullshit is over, but nope one more time! it was last min. but everyone went out for dinner (still dont know why). Guess one of my sisters asked me mom if she wanted to bring food to grandmas for dinner.....then next thing you know, my moms like well, why dont we just go out. Then if grandmas going, why not just invite everyone? :wtc: YA, OH GREAT! ANOTHER FUCKIN 3HR DINNER, HAVING TO LISTEN TO MY UNCLE BITCH ABOUT THIS, BITCH ABOUT THAT IN LIFE :rolleyes: