TAT After hosting an AAU Basketball final at my job, it leaves me wondering

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sieg, May 5, 2009.

1. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

Let me start off by saying that I have tattoos, so I am not trying to be judgmental of tattoos or the tattoo culture at all.

How all of these 13-15 year old kids are getting tattoos and how their parents are not freaking out? And don't get me wrong, this wasn't a poor kids tournament either, there were kids flying in from all over the nation. These were young teens of all races and backgrounds, but every other one has tattoos on their forearms or on their necks.

Maybe I am getting old but I remember being anxious to get my first tattoo on my 18th birthday, like it was almost a rite of passage. I don't think at 13 I would be smart enough to decide what to put on my body and I don't think parents should be allowing their kids to be doing this.

Your thoughts on it?

2. cnred

cnred New Member

you must be outside the States. I dont think any tattoo artist would do work on a kid under 18.

3. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

Nashville Tennessee

4. onomatopoeia

onomatopoeia onyamomma

have you ever watched a high school basketball game??

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

why not? A lot of shops will tattoo 16-17 with parents consent. A shady shop will tattoo younger than that with parents consent.

6. levit

levit buy the ticket, take the ride.

Some states allow tattoos for people under 18 with proper parental consent/signature. Exact age depends on state/local laws.

Of course there are other states that don't allow tattoos on anyone under 18 even with parental consent.

7. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

Ya, here in Ky it's okay with a notarized letter of consent.

8. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to get tattooed at my local shop. You might be able to get it younger than that with parental consent but if memory serves me right the tattoo artist there wont tattoo younger than 18 even with parental note

9. cnred

cnred New Member

Ya thats what I have always known. I know my sister had trouble getting her belly button pierced before she was 16 even with my mom being at the shop.

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Its different in every state/country/region

Here in Ontario piercing/tattooing is a "grey area" when it comes to laws. I know my shop will only tattoo 16-17 with parental consent. We also photocopy the parents license as well as the minors ID. This is just in case the other parent or someone else comes in. We will not tattoo anyone under 16. Another local shop will only tattoo 18+. It's pretty much up to us who we want to deal with.