After buying an iPod touch...I want an iPad badly

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Noel, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Noel

Noel New Member

Bought a 32g iPod touch a few weeks ago figuring it would keep me entertained on the bus/train...basically anytime i'm out of the house.

Little did I realize that the vast majority of it's use would actually come INSIDE my house.

This little thing has significantly changed the way I go about daily life. The amount of free time I spend on my desktop computer has gone way down. I use it to check my email/facebook while I'm cooking in the kitchen. If im on the couch watching tv, during commercials I hope on and browse some forums. Before I go to sleep, I lie in bed and stream video news podcasts or listen to audiobooks.

To me, the biggest detriment is actually the screen size and I find myself constantly wishing it was bigger. Lo and behold, people are trashing the iPad as a giant ipod touch as if thats a bad thing.

So basically I've come to the realization that a giant ipod touch is exactly the type of device a lot of people need without even knowing it. There is no way this thing will fail.

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

I have an ipod touch and it has in no way changed my use of full computers.

3. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

I have a Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, and an iPod Touch. I don't really see a need for an iPad right now. I guess if I didn't need the MacBook, then perhaps an iPad would come in handy though.

4. Noel

Noel New Member

To me, the ideal combo would be macbook pro + ipad.

Macbook for "serious" computer stuff, ipad for casual fun stuff and entertainment. Sure I could just do everything on the macbook, but the fun stuff would be so much more enjoyable on the ipad.

Don't think i can afford both though, so looks like i'll have to make a decision

5. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

That's exactly the reasons I want an iPad as well. I just wish iTunes could convert music on the fly as it syncs to a device. I'd like to have all my music on my iPhone and future iPad, but with 70 gigs of lossless, and 30 gigs of 320 LAME MP3's, that aint happening.

6. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

Imac, Macbook Pro, Macbook and soon to be Ipad 64gb, im getting the wifi model as i have mywi on my iphone and can have wifi through there