SRS after 11 MONTHS with my girlfriend, we broke up and shes not dating within 2 weeks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Thoth, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

i broke up, with my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago now, we werent getting along. i had some health problems which ive since figured out what the problem was (1 cause for about 10 symptoms) and i was feeling great. i figured, if we broke up because i was always bitching about feeling shit, lacking energy, coughing all the time etc etc she might be willing to give it another shot if i was back to full health, like when we started dating-i could give my time to her rather than bitching and lying in bed all day because i had no energy to get out

well no, that wont be happening because one of her friends set her up with her brother-so now my ex has a new boyfriend 2 weeks out of a 11 month relationship with me. how the fuck does someone get a boyfriend in 2 weeks? i havent even had time to look at another girl let enough ask out, date and then make it official within a month even. shows what she really thinks if it takes that long to move on. i could have dealt with a month or 2 before she started dating again, but boyfriend within 2 weeks is really hard to handle, considering i was going to ask her out again. atleast now i have the energy to go back to the gym and my martial arts, but getting my girl back would have been nice.

cliffs: ex has new boyfriend 2 weeks out of 11 month relationship.

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I'm sorry to hear that. I understand what that's like. I was in a 6 year relationship and engaged. One day it all ended, and she was with a new guy within two days. Obviously she already had a relationship with him before that, so that explains that.

3. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

my ex would talk to this guy most nights on the internet, he was the brother of her friend. i never really though much of it, because shes is (or was) very conservative, quiet, well brought up. i havent cried and i didnt when we broke up-OT has raised me well in three years to sweep this shit under the carpet. i can talk about it here, but i wont cry about it-just use it at the gym and my other classes. but i was going to ask her out again, now that id sorted out other medical problems-its like getting rejected by the new boyfriend himself. she didnt have the decency to tell me, i found out because her msn display picture changed to a picture of them hugging.

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

If someone leaves you over illness, it's probably best not to give an inch, that's my opinion and boy do I know all about that.

It's hard. I cried like crazy when my relationship ended, but then again it was a lot more complex.

5. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

we werent getting along, ill admit, but i put it down to me neglecting her because i was wondering what was wrong with myself. actually, it turns out i had 10 symptoms off a list of about 30 of asparteme side affects, inc. chronic fatigue, nausea, headaches, asthma, itchiness, etc. 3 days without diet softdrinks and food with asparteme and i feel incredible physically and mentally, and now this happens. im probably better off without her

6. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

yeah shit 6 years and engaged, im really sorry for you. its not the breakup that stings, its the quickness of your ex moving on to some other cock than burns you up

7. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Oh yeah, I've heard of people reacting because of that. It's pretty serious.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

At the time it hurt, but time has passed and I've forgiven and let go, so I'm through it now. Relationships are an awful lot of work, especially when you're sick. Not to mention being sick is really expensive and partners "hate" carrying the bill a lot of the time.

9. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

about a year ago, and for a year before that, i was off all the rubbish food while i was training and doing local novice karate tournaments. before that, i used to drink diet soft drinks like pepsi max all the time, never really felt anything wrong. after being off it, then going back on it, all the symtoms appeared-it was like my body couldnt tolerate asparteme after taking in good food for a long time. im pissed that its taken this long to put 2 and 2 together, its cost me my relationship. apparently asparteme causes mental problems too, and ive had depression for a while now too. hopefully thatll clear up when i hit the matt's and local tournament circuit again

10. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Yes, it causes all those problems. I hope you do well. Try getting products with Splenda, that doesn't cause the symptoms and it tastes better. :)

11. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

i put alot of work into our relationship for the first 6 months or so before i started to feel shitty. if only id figured it out sooner, i could have saved it. i guess financially, dropping certain foods isnt going to hit my hard, like surgery or medicine might.

12. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

In a sad way, it's a blessing this happened, and I'm hopeful you see that. If she'd leave you over this, can you imagine what other things she would abandon you over? There are tons of obstacles and challenges most relationships face, not just illness.

It wasn't your fault this happened. I think it's better that she's gone. I've been down this road and I'm still going down it. I had to find someone who knew exactly what it was like to walk in my shoes before I found someone who would stick with me.

13. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's probably number 4. All of the above. :(

14. Pringles

Pringles New Member

call me mean, but after you break up with someone you should never talk to that person again. I consider breaking up or leaving a form of betrayal and therefore I can't speak with you again.

With that mindset I feel that you shouldn't even know this kind of information and are dwelling too much on the past instead of looking forward to your own future without he/she/it.

FWIW I just broke up with my year old girlfriend a week or two ago. It's rough, but I guess maybe my character is strong enough to handle it the way I do. Maybe it's wrong, just how I have been coping.

15. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

You can't put a time limit on how long you should wait to date after a relationship if you find someone you really click with the next day I'm not going to pass up that chance just b/c its not long enough :dunno:

16. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Most women can't stand to be alone. That is why they can be in a new relationship in such a short time. Even if they are unhappy with the new boyfriend or not even attracted to them. To most women a boyfriend is just there to keep her company so she isn't alone.

Keep improving your health and go out and meet new women. Just don't expect to have a new girlfriend in less than 2 weeks. Take your time, and pick a girl that you actually enjoy hanging out with.

17. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

thanks for the advice guys. i went and took my dog for a run-no need to sit at home and sulk all night. itll take a couple of days but i know im better off, best thing to do is cut all contact. props to the guys here who mentioned that

18. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

she was probably looking before it actually ended. common, but so sketchy.

19. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

fixed :mamoru:

the g/f's friends can be your worst enemy sometimes

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sucks, but you are the one who dumped her. Attractive girls can find a guy to fuck them all the time. Sounds like she was tired of your sickness as well and is just glad to have someone give her the attention she deserved. She's known the guy all along and girls pretty much ALWAYS have a backup guy (sorry men, you just have to accept that).

Time to move on. 11 months isn't a lifetime kid.

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

before you get all bitter, hating women, etc...

She was done with the relationship long before you were. It didn't take her "only 2 weeks" to get over you...she had gotten over you while you two were still together.

I know it doesn't help, but that's the answer to your question.

22. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

& if someone isn't willing to see through your illness & know you for you (Rather than how much / many things you do) then it's an automatic fail. Will not improve.

23. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Women usually have another person lined up once they sense relationships going sour. Kind of like a reserve person if needed. You were her #1 option until whatever happened, and it was time to dip into her reserves.

A lot of women have a fear of being single and abandonment issues so it is to be expected that they will latch onto someone else. They most likely will not work out. She isn't over you, and he's being used mainly for her support during this time.

Move on buddy, 11 months is nothing once you actually experience a full and fruitful relationship. Time heals. In the mean time stay focused on important tasks and take better care of yourself in regards to health.

24. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I find women tend to move on very quickly. One girl I dumped her late afternoon on Sunday, that night on facebook her relationship status went from "in a relationship" to "single" to "in a relationship" by just after dinner. Oh and pictures of her getting eaten out by the new BF were posted the next day. God I love facebook.

25. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

people handle breakups differently. The guy she's with is called a rebound