MMA Affliction done with Arlovski

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by El Rudo, Jun 23, 2009.

1. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

Affliction Entertainment cuts ties with heavyweight Andrei Arlovski

from MMAjunkie.com by MMAjunkie.com Staff [mmajunkie-staff]

Andrei Arlovski's days as a fighter for Affliction Entertainment are over.

Fighters Only first reported that Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio will not offer Arlovski a new contract now that his original deal has expired. MMAjunkie.com has since independently confirmed the news.

Arlovski (15-7), a former UFC heavyweight champion, most recently suffered a 22-second TKO loss to Brett Rogers at a June 6 Strikeforce event. He earned $2.25 million for his two Affliction fights.

2. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

affliction is shooting themselves in the foot given how much their payouts are

3. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Yeah...no clue where AA goes from here

4. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Wow I feel fuckin bad for AA. I personally feel he's done although there are tons of people here who would disagree with me. I think the guy is super talented, but I don't think any amount of training can fix a jaw like that. I know he wants to get into boxing so maybe it's a good way to make a few quick checks since he's a pretty well known fighter.

5. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

japan to fight the likes of butterbean, sapp, and minowaman

6. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

sucks for him but dream will probably pick him up :dunno:

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

and you know what? fuck saying sucks for him. if you wanna continue to be an elite level fighter you shouldn't go around getting KO'd by everyone in the 1st

8. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

you can't exactly train your chin to take hits and keep on truckin (despite what Diego says)

however, he does need to change up his gameplans IMO. needs to utilize his sambo/submissions instead of relying on his striking

9. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

Affliction can only afford a handfull fighters...and they will only try to sign guys who are currently hot.

AA will find work as long as he doesnt price himself too high, hell never get the rate Affliction handed him.

10. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

werd, it really sucks because if it wasn't for his weak chin he'd be in his prime. Instead he's pretty much finished.

11. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

AA is done

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

jesus they have huge payouts

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

how in god's name is he finished? he got knocked out twice, and one of those times was by fedor. Who he was making look worse than anyone has in god knows how long.

The last time he got KO'd twice in a row he came back and got the HW belt.

But now he's done? give me a break. bandwagon jumping at its worst.

14. Helios

Helios New Member

:werd:

15. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

You know its true bitch. Obviously it's still possible for him to get a few wins but it's really unlikely that he'll ever be one of the top HW's in the world again.

Also it was kind of retarded the way he got knocked out against Brett Rogers. He just walked straight backwards while Rogers charged him with punches and so he just took several punches right on the chin, if he would've strafed to the side or something then he probably wouldn't have gotten knocked out.

Arlovski doesn't really have a ton going for him as a fighter. Yeah he's strong and fast but he's not really an intelligent fighter and he doesn't have a very diverse skillset; and now he's got a glass jaw which really puts him far behind guys like Fedor and Cain Velasquez who train hard AND are also really smart fighters and talented in all areas of mma.

16. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I see your point, but there was news being spread by Fedor's trainers that he wasn't training as much for that fight. I don't know if it's an excuse or a lie, but Fedor didn't look as crisp as he usually does that time.

Fedor as you know doesn't usually get a KO, the guy throws hard as fuck and for sure is a hard puncher, but that was his first true KO no? He usually throws a barrage of hard ass punches and his GnP is fucking deadly.

You were one of those people that didn't like my comment before, but it's just how I feel. I know he should get a proper MMA trainer instead of a boxing one, but I don't feel there is anything he can do now. What he's gonna go in there covering his face the whole fight waiting for an opening? He's have better luck in boxing being able to hide behind those gloves.

17. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Brett Rogers hits hard as fuck. He's on my team. I've never been hit 1/5 as hard and I've trained with a lot of guys. Dont be dumb.

18. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

I cant even watch this right now cuz im at work but i remember it being pretty funny. Heres one of Arlovskis earliest fights against that one crazy russian dude Datslik. I remember arlovski looking craaazy bad, i know he had barely any experience fighting at the time but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw5Bqcv-aY

19. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

I know, but when a guy charges at your with punches are you supposed to walk straight backwards into the cage? It's just common sense to strafe to the side. Any HW could knock someone out with that much momentum in their punches. I expect more from someone whos been doin MMA for so long.

20. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

He is incredibly athletic and his skillset is just fine. He's quit using his sambo in exchange for stand-up which is a mistake, but he's got the skills and strength on the gound. As for his chin, I don't see how AA could just 'get' a glass jaw. He's always had a weak chin but in previous fights he has taken shots just fine. Tim got him nicely on the button, and Fedor's and Rogers' shots would have laid 95% of guys out the way they connected.

And since when is Velasquez placed in the same sentence as Fedor in terms of mma skill? He held Kongo down for three rounds but couldn't finish, and ate a couple shots that could have derailed his hype train in seconds.

21. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

I would like to see AA vs Cro Cop in Dream

22. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

I think there are alot of fighters out there that could've taken the shot Fedor hit Arlovski with OK.

I didn't say they were equally skilled, but their both HW's with a diverse skillset that train hard and use their heads when theyre fighting; and cain has had 6 total mma fights, give him a break he's just gettin going.

23. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

That would be a good fight, they better make that happen.

24. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

are you serious with this part of your post?

25. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

lmao now that i watched it again he didnt look as bad as i remembered but he still got knocked out by fucken datsik hahaha. That dude cracks me up.