A&P AE1 to a Rebel

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by silsurf28, Oct 5, 2007.

1. silsurf28

silsurf28 New Member

I have an older Canon AE-1, still works and I have alot of lenses for it. My dad just got a Rebel XTi, and the pictures are very nice (better then my point and shoot digi). I was looking at the Rebels through Dell, and I could get one with my discount for about $550, but I'm not sure if my other lenses will work.

I site I read said there is an adaptor for those lenses, any experience with this switch?

2. mojito

mojito New Member

no they will not.

yes there are adapters, but most are :hs: and the actual Canon one if you can find it is around $800. IIRC most adapters don't allow for focusing to infiinity.

3. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

My parent's had a canon AE-1 Program. I learned basically how to use a SLR on that when i was early teens-mid teens. I didn't have much interest in photography for a while, but i now shoot a Nikon D80. Thought about getting the xti, but i realized the lenses wouldn't work. One of many reason i chose the D80 over the XTI

4. Wheezer

Wheezer OT Supporter

:cool: I went the same route. I had an AE-1 P that I learned on and used for many years. I'm now shooting a D80