GUN Advise me on other stuff to get to go along with my G26? Holster/Bag/Eye pro/etc.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by k1d., Jun 15, 2009.

1. k1d.

k1d. New Member

So I just recently picked up my G26 about 3 weeks ago and I'm looking around to see what other quality items I can get...

Some things I'm looking to get
    -A small bag where I can carry to the range
    -Eye Protection
    -Ear Protection (not sure if the ones I bought from the SureFire group buy will do... but if those will work fine then I guess I won't need any..)
    -Holster (I do plan on taking a CHL class in about a month in a half.. so something that will work with my CHL class?)

Am I leaving anything out? The only things I bought so far is... ammo... lol, and some Break Free CLP.

So if anyone got any suggestions on what good bags/eye pro/etc. I should look into.. please let me know.
    Thanks!

2. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

You don't need a holster for your CHL class in Texas. There is no need for it as everything is done while standing static at a firing line.

Obviously you'll need a holster once you have your CHL, so you might want to order now if you are going the Comp-Tac or Milt Sparks route as there will be a wait before you receive it.

3. k1d.

k1d. New Member

Ah thanks!
    I'll definitely look into it. Do you have preference over either one of those holsters you suggested btw?
    Also is there a certain website I should be shopping on for them?

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

That all depends on what you want to spend... you could go to Midway and get everything combined for $100... or you could spend $100+ on each individual item.

When I first started shooting I went to a sporting goods store and basically spent $20/ea. I got a basic Browning range bag, a set of passive 29NRR Radians muffs, a set of Radians shooting glasses, and a Uncle Mikes kydex belt holster. That stuff all served me perfectly well until I started competing and was at the range much more often, for longer duration each time, and carrying more and more crap back and forth.

5. k1d.

k1d. New Member

Ah to be honest, I wouldn't mind spending money on quality parts that would last awhile... I like to do things right the first way and not have to go back later on and buy something to replace it because of a malfunction or etc..
    With that being said.. I wouldn't mind paying for something thats of the same quality but cheaper...
    So I'm just trying to do some research.