TAT Advices: touch-up without original artist

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Elfling, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Elfling

Elfling New Member

The awesome artist (Dave Bruehl) who did my birds recently moved before I could get back for a touch-up appointment. I've got a bit of fading in the black that needs to be fixed.

So- has anyone ever gone to a different artist for a touch-up than the one who did the work? It makes me kinda edgy, since they don't have the background of the piece, but it's noticeable and I really do need to get it done.

2. 58008

58008 Ron Paul!

i think you'd be fine as long as the new artist is good. maybe look at potential artists' portfolios to see if they've done work like the one you want to get touched up.

3. Tron

Tron New Member

from my experience most artists around here wont touch another artists work, unless you really really want it done, im sure they will do it

4. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Go to someone from the same shop?

5. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

My leg piece had to be touched up, but the guy who did it moved to floridia, and the owner of the shop closed the doors and moved to cali.... it took me a good 2 years to find someone who would touch it... I finally found someone a few months ago. so all I have to say is good luck!

6. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Yeah, maybe. I'll have to see, I don't remember anybody else's work at his shop impressing me, and I also don't want to get in the middle of any politics.