Advice?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Lord Nat, May 29, 2007.

1. Lord Nat

Lord Nat New Member

I am 21 and right now I am living with my girl friend of four and a half months, I have been renting a room in my friend's dads house for about 2 years now and I really like living here with my friends.
    We have people over all the time and basically it is a big geek hang out.

My girlfriend move in about 5 or so month ago (before we started dating) and she is getting a little frustrated with other people in the house.

Like the people we live with are great (I mean they have their problems like all people but for the most part great people), but one of the people in the house (there are 6 counting me and my girlfriend) is a little crazy and no one likes him. he is mostly there for the rent but he is crazy OCD and bugs the hell out of most people in the house.

But anyway.

She is getting frustrated and is wanting to move out to a place for just her and me.
    But I really don't think I'd enjoy living that way.
    I grew up with a big family (small houses with a family of 6) and like living with a lot of people (we had people come and go staying with us as well).
    Plus I grew up living up at summer camps (my dad runs camps for a living and I lived at them with my family till I moved out) so I am very used to being around large groups of people with a lot going on.

So my problem is that I want to live with friends like this for basically the rest of my life. I know that sounds odd but that idea of having my own place with just me and my family has no real draw for me...
    I can see being 40 and living in a large house with another family of friends or two (in fact me and one of my friends have talked about this before even).

But ya, what do I do about not wanting to move out...
    I love her to death but I don't know what to do...

What is peoples advice for this?

2. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

First of all I am a strong beleiver that you can't love someone in a short period of time like 4 months, say you do or whatever and I still will say you don't. Secondly it's a bad idea to move in with someone after dating that little ammount of time, its getting way to serious way to fast and its only going to turn out bad. Find a new roomate for the house and kick the crazy guy out.

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I see no reason for you to change your living situation.

Let her move out if thats what she wants to do.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

my advice to to get rid of the guy no one likes,and try reasonable solutions to her biggest problems.

ie, too noisy, get a fan for some white noise.
    too dirty? hire some neighborhood kid to come in and clean up.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

She's pushing for a commitment... pay attention. She is basically saying she wants to be exclusive. However, if you enjoy that many people around, and she doesn't... this sounds like a big issue you may need to think about.

If I were you, I would stand my ground.