SRS Advice.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cwblues, Jul 30, 2006.

1. cwblues

cwblues New Member

Hi. I'm new poster to OT, but I've been lurking for a while.
    Here's the deal:

First of all, I'm still a teenager. Keep that in mind when reading/responding.
    I've really liked this one girl at my school for a long time, and I finally asked her out. She said she'd think about it. I found a note on my desk that said "I think my mom would flip out even if we were just friends..." in her handwriting. Is this an excuse? I don't think so, because of what some people have said about her and her family. What should I do? Give up?

Thanks
    Charlie

2. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

yup. let it go. if she was interested she would let it be known. if ya see her in the hallways just say hi and smile or whatever and let that be that.

3. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Move on, if a girl wants to be with you, she will make it happen.

4. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

sounds like an excuse to me. but i dont know the girl, could be legit. move on :(

5. cwblues

cwblues New Member

True.
    But keep in mind that I go to a school for kids with bad social skills (read: "special" school) so not neccesarily.
    Charlie

6. XPX

XPX New Member

Play hard to get then?
    it's a known behaviour that people usually strive for what they can't get....but this is no guarantee you'll enjoy the results.

7. Jinsoba

Jinsoba Left nut crew, holla.

Hmm. Not really sure what it is about that girl and her family that you know about, but I have to agree here with the majority. If she was truly interested, things like family shouldn't have to get in the way completely.

One thing that leads me to believe that she isn't just making excuses is because she mentioned her family, not some other lame possible excuse such as "i'm not ready for a relationship" and blah blah. Seeing how this could really be a family matter, tread lightly, if you choose to tread that is.

8. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Yes it's an excuse for her not being interested in you. You did the right thing by asking her out because you got her answer. Get her out of your head and stop pursuing her immediately. Meet new girls because you will waste your time if you keep trying with this one.

9. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

In agreement. When I was young and pretty I used it all the time with guys I didn't want to be with.

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

yup, you need to stop thinking about her. if she feels that you dont like her anymore, maybe she'll start to like you :kdubb:

but thats a big maybe, and probably will never happen. dont waste your time thinking about one chick that doesnt want to date you, theres plenty of pussy in the sea :naughtyd:

11. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

this is the easiest way for her to say "no." she's indirect like everyone else and their mother.

she's not interested.