Advice - worst diet -wanting to bulk - need help

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Frazz, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frazz

Frazz New Member

ok background...

im senior in HS and 5'8" when i was 15-16 bulked from 140-175...
    -at gym lifting dirty bulk daily,

then for wrestling my junior year cut down to 130... (24%-7% bf)(caliper test)

lost first 20 on healthy diet between July 4th and thanksgiving, then a starvation diet (1000 cals a day, less than 10g fat, 50g carbs, rest protein) from thanksgiving to Christmas to get to 130 and stayed on that diet until march 1...

from then until thanksgiving last year stayed on 1500-2000 cal diet to maintain 150ish but build a lil of the muscle i lost..
    -would go to gym lift 2 hrs and run 1 hr daily

this past fall cut to 140 and starvation diet again... (12%-7%bf)

stayed on it for about 2 months (jan 6) got injured and season over, been eating 1500-2000 cals with limited working out. only running for last month, 2-5 miles 3-4 times a week.

i know bout eating clean vs dirty,
    i use whey protein, eat shit-loads of chicken, lean fish, turkey, shrimp, and veggies.
    I only eat wholewheat bread & wraps. i eat high protein/fiber cereal, oatmeal.

ok heres the question, im having surgery on shoulder soon and cant bulk up for 6 months...
    hopefully in about 2-3 weeks on top of PT i will run daily (otherwise ill go nuts from being sitting around doing nothing)

how can i make a transition from my horrible starvation diet, to a 6 month (runners/rehab regiment), to ultimately bulking up to 197lbs without turning into a fat ass in between now and then.

ill try to find some pictures and add them to show you the stages of this progression if that would help..

Cliffs: worst possible diet for 1.5-2 years now having surgery and need help with how to transition into bulk diet with a 6 month rehab time to make the transition....

2. Frazz

Frazz New Member

c'mon, 12 views no posts....

3. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

need better cliffs

read sticky thread it has a great diet

4. Frazz

Frazz New Member

i read them, problem is from everything else i have read is coming off such a bad diet to a bulking diet is you get super fat, a lifestyle i do not want to have

i want to know how to slowly/ 'most healthly' transition from bad to good...

5. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

stop eating shit start eating good. Any other questions?

6. Frazz

Frazz New Member

ot being big help with the obvious answers...

do i just do it overnight, do i go from my 1500 to 3000 overnight, do i slowly change my ways,

i know how to lose weight, i dont know how to maintain or bulk, and dont know where to start... whenever i do what stickies tell me to i gain so much flubber its not funny... is that cuz of my old diet, what... someone please explain wtf my body is doing and how to keep it from storing every ounce of fat i take in...

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

sounds like genetics fucked you bro :=\

8. keeler

keeler New Member

more than likely your "weight loss" diet of 1k cal has totally fucked your metabolism. Your metabolism is probably so slow that the diet in the stickies has to many cal for you, i would suggest using that diet but just bring down the cal amount until your getting a comfortable amount of muscle and fat.

btw, you don't know how to lose weight, you know how to starve, two entirely different things.

9. Frazz

Frazz New Member

thanks, and yes i can diet, i just choose the quick way out.. i dropped ~25 lbs while uping bench bout 30-40 lbs in a 3 month period, after that was when i fucked it up, and i just dont practice what i preach to others ....

thanks and ill try to the cut back version and based on how i fell ill add more... thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.